Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

Best Monster Infighting levels?

What do you think are some of the best levels for monster infighting? I'd have to say in Ultimate Doom, Fortress of Mystery and Tower of Babel (namely the PlayStation version of the former map, because it added Mancubus to the level).
In Doom 2, Icon of Sin, Grosse, Suburbs (gotta love the area after the Blue key, where all of the monsters teleport in), and The Courtyard.
Doom 64 didn't have many levels good for infighting, The only one that really stuck out in my mind was The Spiral.
The Jaguar Levels had Hell Gate, which in my opinion has to be one of the best infighting levels I've ever seen.

On Final Doom level 32 "Get 2 It" in the area with the lowering walls, that has some nice infighting (specially lowering the walls without directly going in there), and bring a cybie or two over.... Makes it worth while.

Then I find on Ultimate on the one map with a 3-4 corridors with Barons and the next with cacos (forgot name, rather long since I played through it all), well, that ones good too, not a whole lot though.

Mattfrie1 said:

In Doom 2, Icon of Sin, Grosse, Suburbs (gotta love the area after the Blue key, where all of the monsters teleport in), and The Courtyard.

maps 16 and 18 were the very first that came to my mind when i saw the thread. basically every large open map with several different monsters at the same height. if you're not playing for speed you don't need more than run circles without firing a shot.

I would say that legendary battle between the Cyberdemon and N amount of Baron of Hells in the level Tricks and Traps.

Torr Samaho said:

basically every large open map with several different monsters at the same height.

Alternatively, if you can manage it, it's also fun watching cacos/elevated imps raining down fire on some poor helpless monster.

I almost forgot! E1M5 has some good spots for infighting too, such as the METAL1 corridor with the slime, the two monster closets near the STONE room with lower/rise columns, etc.

Hell Revealed MAP13. There's very little ammo so you need to start infighting. Big leap of difficulty over MAP12, first time I tried it, I couldn't pass it.

Just have been playing AV MAP 25 Demonic hordes. Eventually i got splattered by some rocket, but the infight between the revenants, barons and cybers in the central arena took another 10 minutes to calm down...

Doc Faust

Ah yes, that bit of the map has an excellent mix of monsters and is small enough to ensure that everything gets caught in crossfire. I usually weasel my way out of it by being silent and lure the initial monsters out of my way ^^