Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
belphegore

Doombuilder2 z hight for things

I gave some things the z-hight value of 136. The ceiling height is -128. In Doombuilders visual mode all looks fine. But in ZDoom (GZDoom) the things are on the ground (-128). Is this a problem of the nodebuilders?
I tried different nodebuilders (zennode, bsp w32, zdbsp) but the result is the same...

Most Items are affected by the map's gravity. Only objects with the +NOGRAVITY flag will have a Z position.

Okay, I must say I placed them all above a doombuilder bridge thing...
Now I also tried Monsters, Weapons, Powerups and Keys and all works great. Only player start points, light sources and obstacles not :(

DuckReconMajor said:

Player start points can't be put at a z-height.

Wow. Why didn't anyone wrote code for that yet? I completely understand Duck, I would have done the same thing. When the sourceport has bridges and 3D floors and all that, you would expect the Z height on things to work so that they spawn in the right place.

Thanks for all the answers. I only wanted to do a 3d bridge with some lights sources on it and I know nothing about scripting...

belphegore said:

... I only wanted to do a 3d bridge with some lights sources on it and I know nothing about scripting...

For GZDoom, lights and monsters can be placed directly. I usually give them a z-height
of 2 units above the 3D-floor, just to be on the safe side. If that is really necessary,
I do not know.

A script is only required for the player starts.

Kappes Buur said:

For GZDoom, lights and monsters can be placed directly. I usually give them a z-height
of 2 units above the 3D-floor, just to be on the safe side. If that is really necessary,
I do not know.

I'd say they are necessary, mainly because when Graf tweaks the code the new versions will sometimes allow the things to fall through because of their heights. (This happened to me recently, when I had placed things just 1-2 units above 3D floors.) To be safe, add 4 or more units above the 3D floor, unless it has a -nogravity flag. All these types of things automatically appear squarely on the 3D floor upon game start-up. Anything with a -nogravity flag would not likely be affected by tweaks in the code, and will probably be at the precise height in-game as they were placed in the editor.

Kappes Buur said:

I do not know.

Okay. My bridge isn't a solid 3d bridge, it's a fake 3d bridge (rofl they are all faked) where you could look and shoot through. As described here: http://www.zdoom.org/zdkb/kk1.html
As blocking sprites I took some doombuilders bridge things instead of a modefied sprite. As I wrote before unfortunately only light sources like the floor lamp or obstacles like the barrel couldn't be placed on it. Player starts was not essential for me.

BTW the custom bridge thing in db2 aren't working yet.