Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Do you think classic controller support might be coming for Wii Doom?

Ok, i love Doom, i really do and i try to get my hands on Doom for more or less everything with a screen on it. And the latest version (or in this case, a homebrew port) i got my hands on was Wii Doom. But the thing is that the controls are terrible. You have to swing the wii mote left or right just to align your aim and then you are expected to do that while also use the nunchuk's analog stick to move around, it works terribly bad and as a result the game is barely playable. All of those issues could easily be solved if the port simply supported the classic controller since it has both 2 analog sticks and plenty of buttons.

How good do you think the odds are the the Wii Doom team might later release a new version that will support the classic controller?

Enclave said:

Drop the wii doom team an email, you never know

Hey, that's not a bad idea actually. I think i will do so sometime today and then i will post there response here (that is, if i get a response). :)

I wouldn't be bothered really, the classic controller isn't a very good controller IMHO, and I don't think it would suit playing Doom very well. But I guess if it makes it more playable, then there's nothing wrong with adding it.

Reevys said:

I wouldn't be bothered really, the classic controller isn't a very good controller IMHO, and I don't think it would suit playing Doom very well. But I guess if it makes it more playable, then there's nothing wrong with adding it.

Oh but the classic controller is a fine controller, and it's tons better the they bloody Wii mote. I use it whenever i can even when play actual Wii games.

EDIT: After having done some searching i found out that the Wii Doom TEAM has already been ask to add support for the classic controller from some people and that it has become a "medium" priority for them. :)

I guess i will just have to wait and see from now on.........

I tried WiiDoom last night and yes, the remote+nunchuk controls suck. So I endorse this message.

i didn't think nintendo would endorse a violent game on their systems.. wouldn't all the hannah montannah kids parents try sue saying " it aint kid freindly like nintendo tells us " lol

Lord_Dweedle said:

i didn't think nintendo would endorse a violent game on their systems.. wouldn't all the hannah montannah kids parents try sue saying " it aint kid freindly like nintendo tells us " lol

Honestly, the idea that Doom would be 'bad for children' is almost laughable these days in comparison to some of the graphic movies/games. To think that our 2d sprite violence was once considered one of the most graphic games.

Also, I was under the impression that WiiDoom was an emulation, not an actual release.

Lord_Dweedle said:

I wonder what they thought about Red Steel then :P

Yeah, the whole violence thing is beating a dead horse. Maybe a petition would get there attention if enough people signed it?

eargosedown said:

Also, I was under the impression that WiiDoom was an emulation, not an actual release.

That is the case, Wii Doom in not an actual release, it is a source port created by the Wii Doom Team.