Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord_Dweedle

where can I find slige

Use OBLIGE instead: http://oblige.sourceforge.net

The levels produced are miles ahead of anything Slige's last version was able to make.

There are two versions at the moment; Version 2 which has every theme available to use or Version 3 which has much better architecture but is limited to the Tech theme.

thanks! this is exactly what I was looking for! Ive never used any level generator and ive only played 3 Megawads(Momento Mori 1&2 and Plutonia 2)Im gonna go finish the Wad I generated. thanks again. hopefully you guys will see me around posting :)

In case you still want the original Slige, I have put it for download in my personal web space. Get it here.

Maes said:

In case you still want the original Slige, I have put it for download in my personal web space. Get it here.

Hmm, it would be fun to play an Auferstehung/Cybie/Wow SLIGE-based megawad with enough added content to be /idgames-worthy :))

Mr. Chris said:

Use OBLIGE instead: http://oblige.sourceforge.net

The levels produced are miles ahead of anything Slige's last version was able to make.

There are two versions at the moment; Version 2 which has every theme available to use or Version 3 which has much better architecture but is limited to the Tech theme.

Is this newer? I havnt heard of it before. Same people I presume?

Very new, also different people.

Look at the screenshots and tell me what's better :P Even Oblige v2 is still very good.

I was using SLIGE and wondered if anyone even used the source code for it until I came across Oblige...my jaw dropped at the levels it created, which are detailed and surpass SLIGE's capabilities.

By all means, use Oblige!

Yeah, I have to say I was quite impressed with some of the maps that Oblige was able to generate. I really can't wait for more prefabs and texture styles.

avery1555 said:

Is this newer? I havnt heard of it before. Same people I presume?

Oblige V2, and Oblige III use very different map generating code, so you'll notice that the maps that both generate are very different. Oblige V2 makes very irregular shaped rooms using only 90 degree right angles but the ammo and monster balance is really good and is fun to blast through. Oblige III makes much larger rooms with much better architecture that rivals even many 1996 wads. However it is in it's early development stages so it's got a few bugs and is currently lacking some features that Oblige V2 has.

Also both versions of oblige have configuration files that can be modified to fit your tastes, such as creating new texture themes, adding Zdoom DECORATE monsters, and a ton of other stuff.

JohnnyRancid said:

Also both versions of oblige have configuration files that can be modified to fit your tastes, such as creating new texture themes, adding Zdoom DECORATE monsters, and a ton of other stuff.

Well I could give it a try, to make maps which actively use what bestiary monsters I have downloaded. Hopefully it supports Heretic.

The version of Oblige that's still in progress (v3) doesn't support Heretic yet but v2 (see older versions link on Oblige homepage) does.