Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rellik

Somemore Skulltag ideas

Ah a nice fresh thread. So I've been playing Team Arena for the last two days straight so of course I got some original and some not so original ideas.

Game types:

Some form of Harvester would be cool except I think it would be better if after a frag the player or bot just drops a skull which you then pick up from the corpse and run it into the other teams base (CTF style) or just into a central collector for regular deathmatch games. This way you not only have to frag the bot, you gotta carry it's skull to a station to register a frag. :)

Power Ups:

Devastator: When activated BFG's everything in site including user. (Like the Kamikazi)

Annihilator: When activated fires missles out of user in a flat eight way burst, killing everything around it.

Does ST have a 2x damage power-up? If not it should.

I was also wondering if power-ups could also change the way a players sprite looks, probably limited by changing the pallette in a similiar way to how it changes the green for different teams. Then you could see by looking at a bot what power-ups it has.

Misc stuff:

If we can't already we should be able to give each bot it's own skin and complete set of sounds including atleast three taunts. Then each bot can really have it's own personality.

What do you think?

You could add some stuff like, 3 team ctf in future? Bot editor/creator, Dos Port, Gl port with models not sprites (use from jdoom or something), addwad --> IN GAME <-- sorta like quake 2 (set game blah blah blah) so u could put addwad wadname. Double jumping and all that from quake 2 (makes it look far better that quake 2 and stuff if u know what i mean ;) ). Thats bout it?

Actually, I'm still waiting for someone to make a port that plays .wads but gets the sounds / enemies / bots from Quake2/3 .pak files. :) Wouldn't that be odd?

Does ST have a 2x damage power-up? If not it should.

Doomsphere

I was also wondering if power-ups could also change the way a players sprite looks, probably limited by changing the pallette in a similiar way to how it changes the green for different teams. Then you could see by looking at a bot what power-ups it has.

yet again, Doomsphere. I think it does it with invul too. I can't exactly remember if it ever happened during ST beta testing.

I think Carn should add support for ladder linedefs. This is my 100th time saying it, maybe he'll get the point