Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LoL @ Lord_Dweedle...

EDIT:

@ TheMionicDonut:
For 13 hours the map is ok, but I can’t play it so really, because it is too hard for me...

Also: maybe you want to include pictures of your map next time :-P ?

Cool map, though I'm too suck to complete it without IDDQD ;/
I did the same thing last night though I only worked on this for about 4-5 hours. It's pretty short and easy too as most of it was just me putting sectors through sectors. It's Doom2 Map01, sorry I didn't include a readme or anything. Doom Builder 2 is freakin' great.

http://rapidshare.com/files/233112153/ALittleRomp.rar

I think I remember darkexodus saying something similar about his SLIGE maps...

Anyway, the point is you don't need to post a link to your map in every thread you find when you already tried making like 20 topics about it. One link is enough.

@ Dweedle:Well, the map DOES belong to OBLIGE. Did you get permission to edit it?

Also, about the map that this thread is really about:
Damn, its hard, but I like it. I might be playing it for a while, until I can beat it without cheats on UV. About 20 times better than that OBLIGE map, mostly because it was made from scratch.

actually there is only one level at the moment. Hard.
Given more time I will probably modify it, giving it different difficulties, coop playability and possibly details.

Hard map is hard as fuck. Beat it with 3 health left and 1 shotgun shell, used 4 save points. I think I could reasonably do it with 2 save points, but I think I'll pass.

Well that was amusing. It's doable, if you just utilize the doors that the monsters can't open for infighting. The cyberdemon was quite problematic though, I had to skip killing him and just exit, 'cause his splash damage kept winging my health off.

Linedef 525 needs an upper texture on its left side, since if you open the door and start the crusher but get out from under it in time, the back of the linedef becomes visible.

Also, I'm only mentioning this because your text file says "it should work in vanilla", but it is possible to exit the map in -complevel 2 but several teleporters, the super shotgun secret, and the crushers failed to work due to being triggered by Boom-only linedef specials. If you want a list

• 486 and 489 have special 185
  • 566 has special 221
  • 543, 548, 555, 576, 583, 593, 601, 609 and 620 have special 268
  • and 628 has special 269.
If you convert them to Doom linedef types don't forget to always use repeatable teleporter lines. In Doom, a single-use teleporter line will get "used up" even if the exit point is blocked and the monster doesn't teleport. I think in general it's a bad idea to use single-use teleporters anywhere unless you really know what you're doing.

Damn, I got all the way to the cyber in a pacifist run then died. The plan was to run inside that enclosure with him, and right after dodging his 3rd rocket, flip the switch and run out so he infights all the imps. Then open the exit door and quickly run a lap around the perimeter to dodge rockets before going through to the exit switch.

A lot of the enemies don't warp when playing pacifist but its still hard. My main trick was locking enemies inside one of the key doors since they can't open key doors as far as I know. The lost souls seem to get stupidly stuck on walls in this level for some reason.

Boom demo of that close/failed pacifist run, compatible with closenc.wad (first version, in case its changed):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6aoldz

Theres still another secret that you didnt touch during the map. possibly with its contents you could do a pacifist run.

TheMionicDonut said:

http://www.speedyshare.com/144606879.html

Decided to paly around with DoomBuilder 2, wound up making a full map with it. Took all of 13 hours from concept to completion (So don't expect copious amounts of detail). Let me know how you like it.

WARNING: not an easy map.

http://img30.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=screenshotdoom200905151.png
By popular demand

I get it 4 Stars, pretty fun and challenging, though I had to cheat by using 5 stimpacks throughout the fights. And the Traps at the end caught me off guard.

Pretty good make for 13 Hours Mionic :P

Oh, and a tip for you guys trying to defeat the cyberdemon, go to just past the door to his area, crouch down in front of the switch he's gaurding (Stay just beyond the door though) and pump your rockets into him. Worked for me :P.

I really want to get this sucker onto /newstuff but the uploading process is a bitch and ahalf. Ive tried on like seven occasions (sometimes staying up til 3 to do it) all to say that Im already logged out. can somebody be a pal and help me out on this, by telling me how to avoid being "in twice" (though Im not)

You're probably opening too many connections. Some FTP clients - like FileZilla - default to two connections, which results in a complaint from the server. That can be fixed by reducing "maximum simultaneous transfers" to 1 in the Site Manager or as a global setting.

Ty configured the server to allow only one connection per IP address to stop people hogging the small number (currently 10) of available connections.

At the moment I have a different problem - FileZilla can't display directory listings. Firefox has no such problem and neither has the FireFTP plugin, so I might find myself using that for uploads.

cool map, but its freaking hard!

however, i will not give up!

**Edit

I finished the map, quite difficult, but not impossible.

some of those traps were brutal, man. Overall, i thought it was pretty good!

@Krispavera

Pretty cool map...you did that in only 4/5 hours? wow...that puts any map i can make in 4/5 hours to shame!