Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Iconic - Replaces E2M2

Here is the level that follows "Stoned", which proves to be harder and has a little more detail than its predecessor.

Download links:
Idgames Archive

Just finished playing through it, without finding any secrets there's enough ammo to complete the map. The map itself was pretty fun to play and had a good layout. :)

Plus the music was catchy, i hope for a e2m3 replacement to follow Iconic. :D

Great work!

Two of the three secrets have weapons that make the battles later in the level easier.

I might come around to making an E2M3 map but not now. Don't wanna burn myself out.

Ah difficulty wise it was fine, wasn't overly easy and not overly hard. Thats balanced enough. I'll try again later on with the secrets, i presume which contain a rocket and a plasma.

LOL yeah all these enemies guarding the blue key surprised me.

I <3 infighting.

If you liked traps, check out "The unnamed base" done by me around 2004 but I touched it up this year and uploaded it to the Archives. Look for unnamed.zip in levels/doom2/s-u.

Anyhow, I welcome any other further responses/feedback on Iconic by others.

Gameplay spoilers in review.

Great map. I'll give it 9/10. Game play was awesome, I love monster closets. Better than any of the original E2 levels imo.

EDIT: Thinking back there are a couple things I didn't care for on this map. Having mobs shooting at you from the starting point of the level is a turn off imo. Also the room near the beginning with the double monster closet containing two pinky demons each was pretty cheesy.

Your first map, stoned, I would give 6.5/10. If you're planning on making a whole episode I say either scrap your first map or at least spend some time improving it. I don't think it belongs in the same wad as your second map. Map01 was too easy for me on UV, if it were my map the first thing I would do is increase difficulty.

EDIT: Played through stoned again, 7/10 is probably more accurate. I think part of the problem was I felt let down that it was short seeing as how I was having fun with it up to that point. Having a second level following it solves that problem to some degree but I still think it could benefit from being a bit longer. The room with the caco/spectres ambush was pretty cheesy imo. I think it would be interesting if the baron in the exit opened a monster closet by crossing a linedef directly in front of him, too easy to just walk around him and too boring to fight him.

just played the map, i enjoyed it.

I only found one secret though...the super armor...i may have to play again the find the other 2.