Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

DeepSea question

In deep sea, you can select and drag a vertex when you are in Linedef mode. I'm not sure when this "feature" was implemented but it is very annoying. Is there a place in the editor where I can turn this feature off?

Thanks!

Sounds pretty useful to me, but then I use WadAuthor, heh. No modes of any kind, just grab everything and pull it around until it looks like a level.

Not sure, I use 11.73 and it doesn't allow this. Poke around the F5 menu and see if there's some way to turn it off. Advance luck to you deciphering that mess.

Hellbent said:

In deep sea, you can select and drag a vertex when you are in Linedef mode. I'm not sure when this "feature" was implemented but it is very annoying. Is there a place in the editor where I can turn this feature off?

Thanks!

There's an option "hit F5 to bring up the main options menu" where you can adjust the 'sensitivity' of when the cursor is close enough to the vertex to auto select it.

If memory serves, its under Options->Map->Edit Selection and Drawing Ranges

From there you can tweak the settings.

DooMAD said:

Sounds pretty useful to me, but then I use WadAuthor, heh. No modes of any kind, just grab everything and pull it around until it looks like a level.

If I want to drag the vertex, I can go into Vertex mode. If I'm in Linedef mode, trying to move a very small linedef, and I can't select the linedef at all, because the vertex is being selected... this is a problem! I think the idea was that it would save you the need to go back to vertex mode while you're in linedef mode--kind of combining two modes into one... but it's a bad idea for the reason I just stated.

IIRC, it was something that was added as a specific feature request by someone. Similarly, if you place the cursor right over a thing in another mode, then click and drag, you will be able to move it. I don't use it myself but it has not caused me any problems either so I haven't turned it off. I think that Kaiser's suggestion is correct.

Enjay said:

IIRC, it was something that was added as a specific feature request by someone. Similarly, if you place the cursor right over a thing in another mode, then click and drag, you will be able to move it. I don't use it myself but it has not caused me any problems either so I haven't turned it off. I think that Kaiser's suggestion is correct.

I don't see anywhere to turn it off... :( /me puts a hex on someone.

I am pretty sure it is a sensitivity setting where you set how close to something you have to be to it before it self selects. try to find that setting in f5 and see if you can loosen it up a little. You can also zoom way in if you are using/changing a very small line to make the distance more on the screen. That may help.

There is no way to turn off the "selecting other stuff in other modes" feature. I rarely use this myself, but I've never really found it to be a problem for me. As said, you can decrease the selection sensitivity of vertexes, which should alleviate the problem some.