Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Ultimate DooMer

Zero Punctuation Forever

I was thinking of posting this myself. I can honestly say that this game looks awesome

The only thing missing from there was Derek Smart.

heheh.

Saw this soon after it was posted. Got me thinking for a second, "It came out?" Didn't take too awfully long to figure out the satire. :P

Heh heh, they got grilled for the bullshit they've been parading for the past 12 years.

I have the leaked game, and they totally forgot about a mission where you have to set up a borthel for Centurians. Other than that, a well-detailed review.
I'll buy a copy.....a legit one! Therre might be more to it than this 100GB stain on my HDD.

The one part that fails is that he goes on about investors dumping money into 3D Realms despite any real results, while ignoring other less retarded developers. But DNF was entirely self-funded; all 12 years of dicking around were paid for by 3D Realms themselves. Still pretty funny, though.

Fuck why didn't they just finish the fucking game.
:(

heh

I remember in 3rd grade when me and my friends used to play duke3d all the time. We had a friend who I quote, "I'm not getting Duke Nukem Forever, I'm getting Duke Nukem Forever Atomic Edition!" (referring to the duke3d xpack).

It's really funny now that I think of it.

Yeah, I got a kick out of this. Now, if we're going to be nit-picky, let me say that I felt it unfair to blame 3D Realm's developers, when this was obviously a management problem (though I suppose the "developers" category includes management).

Claiming that a year is 12 years in dev is just outrageous, no matter how one looks at it. I mean, how much of the original data and artwork can be reused? Over a 3 year period, it may be passable (although technology progressed way too quickly between 1997 and 2000, and so if e.g. 2D sprites could somehow cut it in '97-'98, they definitively wouldn't in 2000, let alone 2009.

Same thing for 90s-resolution textures, graphics, atavistic midi or CD Audio soundtracks, 8-bit sound samples, etc.

Essentially, they restarted/remaked the same project from scratch several times, so calling it "protracted development" is misleading.

Examples of protracted dev. that actually got done include the infamous Daikatana and Stonekeep (which underwent major engine and data remakes).

Maes said:

Claiming that a year is 12 years in dev is just outrageous, no matter how one looks at it. I mean, how much of the original data and artwork can be reused? Over a 3 year period, it may be passable (although technology progressed way too quickly between 1997 and 2000, and so if e.g. 2D sprites could somehow cut it in '97-'98, they definitively wouldn't in 2000, let alone 2009.

Same thing for 90s-resolution textures, graphics, atavistic midi or CD Audio soundtracks, 8-bit sound samples, etc.

Essentially, they restarted/remaked the same project from scratch several times, so calling it "protracted development" is misleading.

Examples of protracted dev. that actually got done include the infamous Daikatana and Stonekeep (which underwent major engine and data remakes).

Don't forget Too Human. And I actually waited for that one!

Haha, it says that Black Isle worked on a sequel to Stonekeep for 5 years before giving up.

Then again, there were about 5 years between each Elder Scrolls game.