Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom64Marine

Doom 64 builder

Hi everyone

I'm pretty new to this site, although Ive been reading post for a year or two, i looked at some of the post about the doom 64 builder that kaiser constructed, the link doesn't work anymore and i was wondering if any of you would be able to point a doom addict in the right direction.

bardcat said:

whoa, i never knew about this.

Its hard to support something if no one cares about it.

I have added it to the list of utilities, where it belongs. Too bad you're not working on it anymore though. (and I wonder why Deepsea is still marked bold, because it hasn't been updated for years, literally, but it feels a bit harsh to me to remove that)

Maybe you're interested in creating a branch of the DB2 source for Doom 64? I'll give you SVN access if you want to make such a branch. That way you can easily merge in any changes I make in the trunk, keeping it updated.

Wow, that would be awesome. Doom 64 is too cool to forget. id love to see doom 64 become part of doom builder 2. btw kaiser, this may be late, but since ive just discovered you were working on a reverse engineered port of doom 64, nice work cant wait till its complete.

CodeImp said:

I have added it to the list of utilities, where it belongs. Too bad you're not working on it anymore though. (and I wonder why Deepsea is still marked bold, because it hasn't been updated for years, literally, but it feels a bit harsh to me to remove that)

Maybe you're interested in creating a branch of the DB2 source for Doom 64? I'll give you SVN access if you want to make such a branch. That way you can easily merge in any changes I make in the trunk, keeping it updated.

Thats something I've been concidering if I had more free time. Lately I just don't have the time like I used to have anymore. Plus I am not very familiar with C#.

Kaiser said:

Plus I am not very familiar with C#.

From my own experience I can tell you that this is not a problem :)

Anyone who knows C++ can easily start with C#, they are pretty similar (except that it is harder to make ugly hacks in C#) And the .NET Framework is pretty much what STL is, but a little more pimped.

But yea, if you don't have the time, that pretty much ends there. It is unfortunate, but I understand that.