Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

Which Doomer(s) have you met in real life?

I live in Washington, DC. Don't really know if anyone is nearby, although Maryland and Virginia are right next-door so anything is possible. I spend half the year down in Miami, FL going to college but also don't know if anyone on these forums lives near there.

In short, nope I have not met any doomers in real life ._.

nope. none in the community that aren't people i already knew.

britain is pretty wiped clean of doomers i guess....

...most people are possessed by their xbox 360's here.

Patrick said:

We should have a Doom gathering where everyone here meets up somewhere. I'll bring the beer.

That'd be cool. I'm down!

Ultraboy94 said:

nope. none in the community that aren't people i already knew.

britain is pretty wiped clean of doomers i guess....

...most people are possessed by their xbox 360's here.

heh.
To name but a few Brittish doomers, Fraggle, Jon_D, Pritch, ZarchyB, Tom_D.

And me - Hull, Yorkshire.

Meeting other doomers doesn't really appeal to me.

purist said:

Meeting other doomers doesn't really appeal to me.

I don't care about meeting Doomers for the sake of them being Doomers. I only care about meeting the people I met in the Doom community that I befriended.

One day I hope to tour the USA to meet everyone I know from over there.

I haven't met any doomers yet! **

kristus said:

heh.

*Cough* Ahem you forgot about me =P

tubers93 said:

I haven't met any doomers yet! **[/b]

kristus said:

heh.

[b]*Cough* Ahem you forgot about me =P

...and I just couldn't imagine why!

Wot wot. I'm British. Anybody here live in Norfolk?

O_Q <- that's meant to be a monocle...

Captain Red said:

I don't know of any other Brisbane doomers, but I'm sure they're around.

Me! I live in Windsor and work in the Valley.

Sigvatr's living here at the moment too, my last housemate runs into him at Rosie's a month or two ago, and he posts on Brismetal where a bunch of my old friends hang out.

You going to Cradle of Filth tonight?

I've met Ermac. He came to Utah for a convention in Salt Lake City, and we just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get together and play some Doom.

There is a guy who lives in the same city as me (It's not a very big city either) from newdoom.. but I don't know him.

Havent met anyone. Dont know if there are any norwegians here?

Would have been cool to kick it to some Discharge, Poison Idea, Disclose and so on with JohnnyRancid though ;) High five!

lupinx-Kassman said:

I live in Mesquite Texas, and as far as I know I don't know anyone who visits these boards and also lives here :P.

Whoa I used to live there man, great place.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure no one else who lives in the small ass town of Cook, Nebraska visits these boards. Its a damn town full of hicks and farmers. **

darkreaver said:

Havent met anyone. Dont know if there are any norwegians here?

There are.
Notable Norwegian Doomers include (but of course, aren't limited to), Anders Johnsen, Zokum, Chrozoron, Jallaman, Gemini.

There is a ton of doomers in the nederlands at well. :P

Yeah retired ones probably, but I know an few that are still active. CodeImp and Exl are from the Netherlands, don't think I know anyone else who still spends time on Doom.

To Exp(x):

Not Las Lomas, but very very close to there. I go to Northgate, and I knew a few people from Las Lomas. I may end up going to Las Lomas next year.

Captain Red said:

I don't know of any other Brisbane doomers, but I'm sure they're around.

Isn't GreyGhost from Brisbane?

kristus said:

heh.

I expect I'm the only one in the south west of england as most of the population is either retired or dead and think the wireless is new technology. Oh how i despise Devon.

Oh snap, I found my way to my old Doomworld account. I'll keep this one because it smells nicer.

Anyway, it is entirely possible that I will meet Mike.Reinerz in person some time soon. Went like four years seeing him around NewDoom and I never noticed that he lives where I just moved to. We've been chatting and he seems pretty cool.

One of these days I will meet a few of the guys who have helped found The Abyss as well. Rustyslacker has been my best friend for many years now, and Fatal, Osiris, and Ace are pretty close too.

Kyka said:

Isn't GreyGhost from Brisbane?

I thought he was down south more.

We should totally organise some Brisbane Dooman fun :D

There are a few doomers in Britain but we cant be arsed by the looks of it. The Yanks moan about being more than a few hours away from each other but I bet all the British doomers live within 4 hours driving distance.

Nomad said:

One of these days I will meet a few of the guys who have helped found The Abyss as well. Rustyslacker has been my best friend for many years now, and Fatal, Osiris, and Ace are pretty close too.

Yeah, it'd be awesome to meet Abyssian folks, especially if we could get everyone together at once. Not that that would be any simple means with one of us in Finland, three down under and the rest sprinkled across the US.

I've yet to meet any Doomers or anyone else from the Interwebs in person that I didn't already know before meeting online. One of these days...

Hey, holy shit, I forgot, but doesn't/didn't Looney live in Kalamazoo?! At least, someone from ND lives/lived over there, I know that. It's such a short drive, too.

Shit, there was someone else who lived in Michigan too. I remember they had a falcon or an owl for an avatar back in the day. Danng, who was that!? Will probably never know.

dutch devil said:

Yeah retired ones probably, but I know an few that are still active. CodeImp and Exl are from the Netherlands, don't think I know anyone else who still spends time on Doom.

Many deathmatch doomers too like Punaxe, etc... He run clan DP.

Btw, didn't you forgot Mordeth? :P

newt said:

Abyssians folks... four down under

Fix'd! I live in Sydney, haven't met any doomers, don't think the chances of that happening is good though.

I met John Romero at the 1998 Quakecon in Dallas, Texas. We had a nice talk about Doom, Quake 1 and Quake 2.

Even though John let ID software after Quake 1, we still talked about how the games had changed from Doom - Quake 2. We talked about level design, and how certain "wow" factors that had been put into Doom on purpose. We talked about our favorite levels of Doom and Quake 1, which levels he had designed,,,,.

Overall, John was a wonderful person to speak with and I cherish the memory of that event.