Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EDEdDNEdDYFaN

Interesting winding hallways?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

You need a helmet eye protection and a permission slip.

No, but seriously, that's all there is to it. Just do it carefully. If you're using Doom Builder, you can do some trickery with the Curve Tool
(Shift+C in both versions if I recall) and you can connect the lines to make the stair sectors.

That's Mr Faggot to you!

EDEdDNEdDYFaN said:

Is there some kind of trick to it other than just working on it line by line carefully?

Time, patience, an eye for detail, 3D edit mode and maybe a calculator to keep track of texture offsets if you fail at mental arithmatic.

GreyGhost said:

maybe a calculator to keep track of texture offsets if you fail at mental arithmatic.

Or you can just put the mouse cursor over the non-aligned texture and press the arrow keys.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Super Jamie said:

Or you can just put the mouse cursor over the non-aligned texture and press the arrow keys.

The whole world doesn't use Doom Builder, you know. For that matter, what the hell are you doing pressing the arrow keys? Why not cheat completely and press 'A'?

Fisk said:

The whole world doesn't use Doom Builder, you know. For that matter, what the hell are you doing pressing the arrow keys? Why not cheat completely and press 'A'?

Vertical alignment when you want to do more than peg/unpeg. And also to place features precisely like when making small switches, or to fudge a fake alignment, like making one of the 64-wide textures shrink or stretch over a series of lines whose total length is not a multiple of 64.

Fisk said:

I manually align textures alot with the arrow keys, I use it far more than using the A button. Everything gets messed up if you use the A button for vertical alignment.

Sometimes for horizontal too. But yeah, Vertical Alignment doesn't even make a little sense.

Yeah, A can really mess up things sometimes, at least when it is tech textures in my opinion.

David_Dweedle said:

quote " the whole world dosn't use doombuilder you know "

they should **

Well, I guess that is up to people themselves, Some people prefer another editor...