Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

.mid similar to d_the_da?

I have a horrible time trying to find music after finishing up a map. I generally scour through VGMusic for 3 hours before I come across anything that I find remotely likable. There's just an awful lot of stuff to search through there. So I broke down and decided to make a thread asking for help. I'm looking for a track for this newly completed map of mine. I've been trying to find something that's similar to D_THE_DA. Does anyone know of such a track that I can use? If worse comes to worse I'll just stick with the track I'm using at the moment, but I thought someone here could help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Just use The day the demons came. it's a great song. But if you must, you could use the music from map2 of Duke3d, I don't know what it's called but sounds similar.

I can't find The day the demons came in the Doom wiki. Could you elaborate on which track that is? I'll look into the DN3D song, thanks :)

According to the wiki, d_the_da is "In The Dark". Just to be clear, it's the music that's played in "The Crusher". It's that sorta dark-ish, bassy track.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Use3D is right. DETHTOLL.MID is the name of that track and it's an interesting alternative to D_THE_DA.

Ah yes, I was trying to figure out which .mid was played on DN3D MAP02, thanks Fisk! That is a great track and it would have worked very well. However I got a surprise PM from Jimmy91 today and he had a track that he decided to finish up and send to me that is very similar to d_the_da. It's a pretty awesome track so, of course, I'm going to go with the custom track over just about anything else. Thanks alot for the help though guys :D

I...

Wha...

How the hell did I not see this thread?!? Even more bizarre - how is it that I sent you that new midi, which I made in the spirit of D_THE_DA, and didn't even know you wanted exactly that?! o____O

It seems our minds appear to operate on the same wavelength. :O

EDIT: Not quite on the same wavelength. I personally think that music from DN3D is pretty shite. Oh well. XP

I might be resending you that midi btw, Mek. :P

I owe plenty of other people music at the moment, so I'm a bit swamped, but if you PM me what you want exactly I'll see if I have the time. :P