Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

E3 : Bungie Reveals (Even Newer) Halo Game and New ODST Trailer

Bungies working on yet another Halo game besides Halo 3 : ODST. This one is called "Halo : Reach" and apparently it is based off the book "Halo : The Fall of Reach". Check out the official project page here : http://www.bungie.net/Projects/Reach/default.aspx

Also, heres a newer ODST trailer that reveals gameplay.

New Halo 3 : ODST "Dropping Into Hell" Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hBiRALwR8

Hopefully Bungie will have more for us at E3 this week.

And maybe id could show us some Doom 4... just saying.

I don't really have anything positive or negative to say. Just another game I'll pass up but will do great commercially.

I agree with Technician, but I think that the idea is a good one to base it off of the book. Just as long as it doesn't turn out to be the same thing as the previous 3 Halos.

avery1555 said:

..."Halo : Reach"...

In b4 "Halo: Reacharound" puns and comments.

All I know is that there is a large fan base so anything Halo-related will make a large profit.

I enjoy Halo 3 and look forward to these games as well. And also, we have to remember that even Doom is being milked for all its worth too so we cant really talk down on Halo guys. (Remember Doom RPG?)

Yet of course, Doom and Halo remain great series and are my two favorite of all time.

I also "fused" them together on my DS with a Halo Weapons WAD for prBoom and my own Halo Doom maps so that me and my friend could enjoy multiplayer "Halo DS" with DSDoom :P. I love both series.

fanboys are shitting their pants over this one. It looks a lot like what halo 2 was expected to be. I remember my brother talkin with his friends about how he was annoyed that they scrapped the maps that were in the Halo 2 gameplay footage. It was kinda like a bait and switch. Now that this new Halo that's got those maps is coming out, all those fuckers that thought they were at a loss can now blow $60 on a NEW game that has the maps bungie initially scrapped! Wow!

Aren't we fuckin lucky.

Technician said:

I bet you also enjoy keggers and football.

I do not enjoy either one. Actually, I'm more of a Bungie fan. I've been playing their games since the Marathon series on the Mac.

Yawn @ Halo game. Hey Bungie, why don't you make another game rather than milk off an already milked franchise?

Ooh, a new Mario side scroller...looks like fun!

i seriously wanted the halo hype machine to end by 3, but the newer stuff looked bland.

Also, didnt bungie say at some point that they were selling off the Halo franchise for good and wanted to work on other things?

I don't care for the multiplayer in most of the Halos, but I enjoy going through the single player/co-op. I'm relatively interested in this.

avery1555 said:

I enjoy Halo 3 and look forward to these games as well. And also, we have to remember that even Doom is being milked for all its worth too so we cant really talk down on Halo guys.

You're an idiot.

Scuba Steve said:

"MICROSOFT AND BUNGIE ARE MILKING THE HALO FRANCHISE TO DEATH!"

"Oooo a new Mario Game!"

Haha.

As much as I like Nintendo and their games, they really do make way too many games from the 3-4 franchises they have (and 80% of those are Mario-related).

Danarchy said:

Haha.

As much as I like Nintendo and their games, they really do make way too many games from the 3-4 franchises they have (and 80% of those are Mario-related).

Yeah, when Halo Kart and Halo Golf have been released, then we can say Halo has been milked.

I enjoy Halo 3 and look forward to these games as well. And also, we have to remember that even Doom is being milked for all its worth too so we cant really talk down on Halo guys.

Explain.

JohnnyRancid said:

Explain.

If you quoted the whole thread, there was an example but lets see.

Doom 1
Doom 2
Ultimate Doom
Final Doom
Master Levels
Doom SNES
Doom Jaguar
Doom 3
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil
Doom RPG
Doom 4
Doom The Movie
Doom Fiction (Books)
Doom Action Figures
Doom Controller Skins
Doom XBLA
Doom 64
etc...

Which is already more then Halo and I only said the ones of that top of my head. Not saying it isnt fun, and I know its been around for a while but just saying you cant put down Halo for having too many sequels or fans. Of course they want to make money and fans, thats what every company wants, and of course fans are gonna buy it so what do you expect? And yes, I do know Halo has alot of merchandise too but I didnt say it had less. I say they both are getting milked quite a bit and we cant really talk.

EDIT : I like how cacokiller said it best.

Just saying, no flame wars please : P.

One last thing. I LOVE DOOM! DONT SAY I DONT!!! Just to be straight, this is only a point and Doom is awesome in every way so dont think Im saying this against it please. rofl

Use3D said:

You're an idiot.

ROFL

gamers complain about the most petty bs.
now gimme my co-op mario!

what!? it has no online? i hate life!

avery1555 said:

If you quoted the whole thread, there was an example but lets see.

list of Doom stuff

Which is already more then Halo and I only said the ones of that top of my head. Not saying it isnt fun, and I know its been around for a while but just saying you cant put down Halo for having too many sequels or fans. Of course they want to make money and fans, thats what every company wants, and of course fans are gonna buy it so what do you expect? And yes, I do know Halo has alot of merchandise too but I didnt say it had less. I say they both are getting milked quite a bit and we cant really talk.

Well as much as I love the Console ports, you can't really count them as they are just ports of the original. BTW, you forgot the 2 best console ports, PSX and 64. :)

Halo has gotten milked just as much as Doom has (And I personally wouldn't even call Doom milked IMO). With 4 games out already and another one in the making will already make it have more core games than Doom has. And I'm sure we will start to see some corny shit come out for it within a few years. Also, I've seen my fair share of Halo books, soundtracks (Doom doesn't have this) and action figures as well. All in all, both have been milked to a point, but I think Halo as just a little bit more though.

Maybe I'm being biased though, because I can't stand the Halo games. Just Bill Gates making that FPS he wanted because he couldn't buy ID software all those years ago.

Side note: None of these games will be as milked as much as the Guitar Hero or Rock Band games http://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/46515-rock-band-the-beatles/

Mattfrie1 said:

Side note: None of these games will be as milked as much as the Guitar Hero or Rock Band games http://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/46515-rock-band-the-beatles/

I second that. But just a note, Bill Gates and Microsoft dont really have anything to do with Halo. Halo was actually originally developed for the Mac before being scraped, and was the follower of its father, the Marathon series, which is actually alot like Doom. All Bill Gates has to do with it is own Microsoft, which published the game and owns some rights to it. The game was created by Bungie Studios, which was originally a game studio based around the Mac.

But Guitar Hero is growing and being milked so fast I actually am losing track of its titles, im not even joking.

DooMAD said:

The E3 trailer for StarWars: The Old Republic > All

Indeed. That game looks really cool.