Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Heinemann

force feedback vest doom

I just bought myself an „Aura Interactor“ force feedback vest, that takes the output from the sound port to produce vibrations. You can imagine it as a subwoofer that fits to your body. You can feel the hits and the shells you shot with your own weapon directly on your body. Those vibrations are adjustable and on their max pretty strong. Used with hardrock music, this device could break your back :) Not bad, and since these things are pretty inexpensive... around $15.00. They were much more expensive when they came out in 1995, but still available. They can be used with every game that has sound and also with CD players, since you can choose between the settings "game" and "music". Adapters for various game consoles are included. Gets my recommentation.

Look out for it by yourself, I will not post a link (otherwise it could be considered as „spam“)
Look on ebay.

There were actually some functions in the original doom source for force feedback stuff (presumably for vibrating joypads and the like) but they were just empty functions which didnt do anything.

My old roommate could have used one of those. His comp was out in the living room of our apartment, and he liked to play a lot of Christian rock very LOUD and with his huge subwoofer turned up all the way. I was trying to find him a set of force-feedback headphones for Christmas... That would've been fun to watch.

/me imagines roommate Mike's head exploding.

... and there is alo a cushion, that you place wherever you want... :)

I mean - if you can live with having no children in the future - then even in your panties :)

Some parents are sueing Playstation because of the damage force feedback gamepads have done to their kid's hands

I'd heard that some FF controllers were causing the same medical problems that jackhammers and pneumatic drills do. I hadn't heard that people were sueing, tho... Heh. People are idiots.

I'd heard that some FF controllers were causing the same medical problems that jackhammers and pneumatic drills do. I hadn't heard that people were sueing, tho... Heh. People are idiots.

Was that on slashdot?

[edit] Yes, stupid swede

[edit2] FFS, Lament, url-tag your links and people will use them

Force feedback does damage to hands? Ouch :/

So does masturbating, but you don't see anyone suing Buffy :)

What about the people behind goatse.cx?

The goatse.cx man is suing buffy?

:)

Forgotten to write: The Aura Interactor has to be worn on your back, so I doubt it could damage the hands, but who knows, anyway :)

The goatse.cx man is suing buffy?

Long story, rivalry about spectators (such as me)

[edit2] FFS, Lament, url-tag your links and people will use them

In my l33t browser, it takes one click (well, select+click) to follow a non-tagged url. It's not my fault you use outdated technology :)

Whoa, Fredrik, your new avatar scares the shit outta me.

Yes but we try to ignore that fact.

Anyway these mood enhancers are pretty cool. Too bad not even one single developer's dedicated to actually supporting this things. The led-array thing for dynamic ambient light, the smell stuff and the VR helmets are already here, it's just that no ones pay attention to them. At least this one works without any official support, but it would be nice to have perfect locational vibration.

...but it would be nice to have perfect locational vibration.

Are you insane? Some of the best MP fun is to be had in Soldier of Fortune, and EXCUSE THE SHIT OUT OF ME, but I don't want a realistic force impact of getting shot in the dick with a forty four.

YES BUT WHEN YOU ARE A LAWYER THEY WILL PAY FOR YOUR MORTGAGE

hey a vibrateing keyboard would be nice. personaly i never liked those vibrating, use sound output, vests. there was one for sega years back and i thought it was a waste of cash. hell i would not even by the rumble pack for n64. however when i got my PSX it came with a rummble controler. as for the key board i would add a few more things, neon lights and just a bunch of other funky ass shit