Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Damien_Solta

SLADE... Portable?

I'm trying to set up Slade to run on my new USB drive, because Slade seems like a rather wise choice... I run DoomBuilder2 on my main computer, but I'd like to have a portable version in a pinch. I also have been wanting to mess with slade for a while, since I'm still rather new to DOOM level editing. ALSO... My question is this:

Is there a way to set up slade to it will: Use an Alias for the name of the drive it is currently being run from so that I can change computers and not have to re-set all the locations? Would it be possible for me to simply place my IWAD files in SLADE's directory and just do that? Also, does anyone here know of a portable implementation of Doom Builder 1?

Or does the portable aspect of SLADE have to do with the ability to make a "port" that is for a platform other than the platform it was made for?

No, SLADE is portable in the sense that you can easily get it to compile on other OSs other than Windows. Personally, I use SLADE because it's quite nice and runs under LInux.

Damien_Solta said:

Or does the portable aspect of SLADE have to do with the ability to make a "port" that is for a platform other than the platform it was made for?

Correct.

Have you tried using the zip archive version instead of the installer? I don't use slade but it looks like all you need to do is tell it where the IWAD is and thats all it asks for.