Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sargebaldy

key conflict in 3d mode?

The original Doom Builder made a distinction between keys like A and CTRL-A in 3D mode, but the new Doom Builder doesn't. So rather than being able to use CTRL-A both to align textures and A to strafe, I'm left strafing every time I try to align. This is rather annoying since there only so many good shortcut keys. Could this make your big long list of things to change?

It would also be nice if holding down keys for raising/lowering ceiling height, etc. would keep it raising or lowering, especially when I'm moving it only one unit. (Which I like to do because it's more exact.) Much easier than having to press the damn button 64 times.

There are two actions to raise/lower floor/ceiling. One to raise/lower bei 1 unit and one for 8 units. In 3d mode the mouse wheel does 8 units, shift+mouse does 1 unit.

That works OK, but I prefer the setup I used in the original, which was INS and DEL for moving by 8 units, and HOME and END for moving by 1. If I only need to adjust something a little bit, it's easier to have it tied to a key than to the mousewheel. But as it is I can ONLY use it for precise moves, since movement sticks if you tie it with a key.