Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gerberos

Door question

Wow you fucked that up big time. Umm. It looks as though the lines on the outside of your door act as a switch, and they are tagged to operate the sector around the door. I could be wrong, I suggest you take Torn's advice.

Are the walls around the door joined with the door? If not, then I'd have to agree with Torn and post the map.

Heh, remind me of when I created my first "level" It had a door moving the ceiling down.

Hmmm. i might download the messed map and put it in my "RamdonDoomStuff" folder. You never know, I might find a use for this one day. The video sure looked freaky.

Ahh, reminds me of the first map my bro drew on paper. All the walls were only one linedef thick. Needless to say, the final map did not end up like the picture.

Also reminds me of DEU. If you followed the tutorial exactly the linedef on the far side of your door would have its sidedefs backwards due to a bug in the sector-making function. it would cause the room behind to raise and lower with the door. Took me a month to figure out I had to use the "swap sidedefs" button. I tried it as a last resort despite the editor warning me not to push it unless I knew exactly what I was doing.

That bug in DEU permeated everything. Making a bunch of sectors in a row would always generate flipped sidedefs. This wasn't the case if the opposing linedefs had their normals all pointing the same way, like in a staircase.

The other fun newbie mistake I made a few times was forgetting the tag on a switch and wondering why my floors and ceilings were all going insane. :)

Aliotroph? said:

The other fun newbie mistake I made a few times was forgetting the tag on a switch and wondering why my floors and ceilings were all going insane. :)

I guess, every mapper did this once in a while. It becomes really embarrassing though, if it slipped every beta test and ended up in the archive, which I have spotted there already.