Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheeXile

The Hunt for Gollum - Fan-made LotR prequel

Quite good? I'd go for pretty bloody impressive actually. Thanks for the link.

This is the official site for it:

http://www.thehuntforgollum.com/

Anyone know how to get a HD version downloaded? I can't see it on their site. I used the Firefox Fast Video Downloader plug in to get the lo-res version but it can't seem to get the hi-res version. With my slow connection, streaming simply isn't viable.

[edit]From their forum

Thankyou for these enquiries. We understand that a download version would be a great way to enjoy the film.

Unfortunately releasing a download version would take distribution out of our control, and as you can imagine Tolkien Enterprises would not be happy with this. We are lucky that they are willing to allow the film to be released for free streaming, and that they are appreciative enough of the work of fans to permit this.

So we hope that you can enjoy the film streaming in HD on Youtube and Dailymotion. There are no plans for a downloadable version.

Thanks for watching and sorry to dissappoint.

Team Gollum

[/edit]

Aw that's a shame. But hopefully it means there's more in store for later, if they've gotten interest from Tolkien Enterprises like that.

Thanks. That seems to be working better than the plugin that I was using. Well, I mean it is working which is more than the other plugin was. It says that it will take 2.5 hours but at least I'm getting it.

TheeXile said:

Aw that's a shame. But hopefully it means there's more in store for later, if they've gotten interest from Tolkien Enterprises like that.

They should do some parts of the Silmarillion :)

Quasar said:

They should do some parts of the Silmarillion :)

Yes! Turin Turambar would make an epic drama. He kills his best friend, brings ruin to his family, destroys several kingdoms, commits incest, slays a powerful dragon, and finally kills himself.

Tolken musta really been in a heck of a mood when he came up with that guy. :P