Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David_Dweedle

Phobos Terror 2009 now available for Download.

Currently working on the 4th Level.. will go over the past 3 levels soon tho due to some messed up Door textures.. This is going to be a full Replacement for Knee deep in the dead(easiest to work on IMO) so.. Here we go :D.

http://s602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/David_Dweedle/

As you can see its Tech Themed(The only theme im good at currently lol).

So :) If your into Tech Themes then as soon as Ive finished my wad(may take awhile) then you should download it :).

DOWNLOAD LINK.

WILL TRY GET THIS ON IDGAMES ARCHIVES.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/110181/PT2009-zip.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?oykfe0znc3u

Try Mediafire one if the other dont work.

Super Jamie said:

Why are there crates just floating on the nukage? Wouldn't they sink?

Lol.. never thought of it from that point of view..

But the actual Nukeage is Shallow so it gives the effect of a half sunken box. *blushes*

yup just lowered all the crates :) looks better now haha.

EDIT: Lol had to change all the teleport ambushes because the monsters kept telefragging eachother.. gotta remember to make multi teleport spots not just the one haha.

are you making this for a special port? Because monsters can't telefrag anything in common Doom.

kristus said:

are you making this for a special port? Because monsters can't telefrag anything in common Doom.

Nah just regular Ultimate Doom. It wasn't telefragging tho it seemed like it tho but it was a Barrel explodeing gibbing a Monster at same time a dude tele'ed in.. Happened 2 times in a Row.. removed said barrel.

Then again, if you sink the crates into nukage, the player is forced to wonder how imps and zombies are still able to walk on top of it.

Creaphis said:

Then again, if you sink the crates into nukage, the player is forced to wonder how imps and zombies are still able to walk on top of it.

*head explodes*

Creaphis said:

Magic.

Now I'm just having flashbacks to the days before source ports and the original "deep water" effect, which sort of worked, but if any enemies walked into the water, they would still be rendered above it (though at the correct height, which ended up looking even weirder because they'd be down low but still appear above it).

Creaphis said:

They must be the son of god!

http://s602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/David_Dweedle/Phobos%20Terror/

added some more Screenies. Map 5 around 60% done.. like my Summoning Teleport? I thought it looked neat.

EDIT: Also i just worked out how to make text screens so im a happy bunny today.

Map 5 99% done now just re-checking some elevator textures and I just worked out how to make a riseing bridge so im still a happy bunny.

hopefully will start map6 tomorrow.

EDIT: ugh map5 back to 60% stupid Editor screwed up went to load my lvls this morning and i could only back up 1 2 3 4 and 60% of what map5 was.. man im pissed off.

David_Dweedle said:

http://s602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/David_Dweedle/Phobos%20Terror/

added some more Screenies. Map 5 around 60% done.. like my Summoning Teleport? I thought it looked neat.

EDIT: Also i just worked out how to make text screens so im a happy bunny today.

Map 5 99% done now just re-checking some elevator textures and I just worked out how to make a riseing bridge so im still a happy bunny.

hopefully will start map6 tomorrow.

EDIT: ugh map5 back to 60% stupid Editor screwed up went to load my lvls this morning and i could only back up 1 2 3 4 and 60% of what map5 was.. man im pissed off.

Save all the time and don't delete backups, that's the key.

lareman said:

Save all the time and don't delete backups, that's the key.

I managed to get back up to where I was at so its not a big prob anymore.. finished map6 as well so im going to start work on map7 sometime today.. havn't got any ideas for it currently.. might be a more outside map.. dunno yet..

EDIT: Started on Map7 last night and finished up Map5 last night also. Map7 is going to be a Computer,Toxic theme just so curious people know.

map8 will of course be a Boss Theme.

Map9 is unknown yet.. thats something I will figure out when the time comes.

Releaseing the 7 levels Ive made for Phobos Terror. Will post upload link on first Post.

The Levels Will be E1M1 thru to E1M7. No E1M8 or E1M9.

Reason for Early release is just some RL issues at the mo.. not as much time to map.. rather learn to make better Maps first.. Anyway hope ppl will enjoy.

David_Dweedle said:

Currently working on the 4th Level.. will go over the past 3 levels soon tho due to some messed up Door textures.. This is going to be a full Replacement for Knee deep in the dead(easiest to work on IMO) so.. Here we go :D.

http://s602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/David_Dweedle/

As you can see its Tech Themed(The only theme im good at currently lol).

So :) If your into Tech Themes then as soon as Ive finished my wad(may take awhile) then you should download it :).

DOWNLOAD LINK.

WILL TRY GET THIS ON IDGAMES ARCHIVES.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/110181/PT2009-zip.html

No one? Not even to bash me? sigh..

clicked the download button after waiting 30 seconds. didn't seem to work. :( Probably something at my end, seeing as i see 10 people downloaded it so far. Hopefully you'll get some helpful feedback anyway.

Use mediafire.com for your uploads while it is pending on the Archives FTP.

Also, I hope you tested it enough so there are no glaring mistakes (stuck things, too high stairs, broken lifts/switches/etc)

Alright then, hope it gets positive reviews like my most recent 3 Doom standalone levels that I released earlier this month.

Creaphis said:

Ugh i was just about to say that.

David_Dweedle said:

No one? Not even to bash me? sigh..

I've got as far as E2M4, will play through the rest this evening. It's not quite Vanilla compatible - Chocolate Doom's crashed a couple of times with a "P_AddActivePlat:" error when attempting to operate lifts, there's some tutti frutti in E1M2 & E1M3 plus a HOM in E1M3's Red key room. Overall impression so far is not bad - I'll post a more detailed report later.

GreyGhost said:

I've got as far as E2M4, will play through the rest this evening. It's not quite Vanilla compatible - Chocolate Doom's crashed a couple of times with a "P_AddActivePlat:" error when attempting to operate lifts, there's some tutti frutti in E1M2 & E1M3 plus a HOM in E1M3's Red key room. Overall impression so far is not bad - I'll post a more detailed report later.

Damn.. I thought it would be Vanilla compatible because thats what I used to make it on Doombuilder.. sorry..

Try Zdoom maybe? I havn't had any of these errors when i played thru.. maybe cause I used Zdoom dunno.

EDIT: Found the HOM.. omg I feel like a dickhead.. cant believe I missed it.. so sorry..

Moving platform limit. You probably didn't break the limit, just have an untagged trigger.

As for Tutti-fruity, it's caused by tiling textures that are not divisible in height by 128. ZDoom(and other ports) fix this, which is probably why you never noticed.

Scet said:

Moving platform limit. You probably didn't break the limit, just have an untagged trigger.

As for Tutti-fruity, it's caused by tiling textures that are not divisible in height by 128. ZDoom(and other ports) fix this, which is probably why you never noticed.

ya that must be why.. I'll need to check up on this stuff abit more.. might download chocolate doom so I can test this stuff on multiple source ports.

Ah well.. least im not making these mistakes in Major projects.. I guess if I dont make mistakes i'll never learn how to improve.. still tho I reckon this set of maps I made is a fun play? at least a 2 out of 5?

Just peeking at the screenshots, I have to say you are progressing quite well from the stuff I saw/played before. Keep up the good work!

Nomad said:

Just peeking at the screenshots, I have to say you are progressing quite well from the stuff I saw/played before. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Nomad :) It really means alot to me. At the mo im testing differnt ways to use lighting on Doom 2.. Im trying to figure out the Fine line between " Spooky Darkness " and " I cant ****ing see dammit Darkness " if you know what I mean.. if I can get some good lighting levels on my maps they may look even nicer.