Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FireSeraphim

Another question concerning the frustrating nature of skyboxes.

I am currently having a problem setting up a 3D skybox (Not DOOM2 Skybox) I have tried everything and have tried almost everyone's Tutorial's and advices and nothing is working. I am almost to the brink of insanity(I.E I was yelling and swearing at my computer like it was a sentient being as well as promising death threats) I am currenly using Skulltag DOOM in Hexen format. I am in dire need of some help for my problem does anyone else have a solution to my maddening, sanity compromising problem.

make a square room with a tiled panoramic sky as the texture and put a skybox viewpoint thing in the center. it doesn't get much easier than that.

Have you not read the first post? I know that any of the tutorials on making 3d skyboxes are not even detailed enough to work. I tried the tutorial on the ZDOOM website and the tutorial on Youtube and none of them work for me.

I don't know but this is explaining it in as basic terms as possible,

If you can't make it work from that I'm sorry to say that you probably need to scale down your ambitions.

Assuming that you do mean a 3D built from level architecture skybox and not anything else...

Make a room.

Put a thing with editnumber 9080 in the middle.
Job done.

The room is now your sky. It will appear wherever you use F_SKY on the ceiling.

I have tried doing exactly that and it does not work for me. If you must know I am currently using skulltag and editing map01 of doom2.

Is the skybox camera set to appear on all difficulty levels and game types?

Do not give the camera a tid (unless you want to use a number of different skyboxes in the one level).

If those are not the problem, can you upload your map somewhere for people to check?

What specifically does not work? "hay guise i made a map but it dun work halp plz" doesn't exactly tell us much.

I might as well upload my map, but it gonna take me a few minutes

Edit: Actually It gonna take 48 minutes for the file to get uploaded.

Well, for once a complete Doom2.wad minus the first level (making it essentially warez) plus 5 pieces of music as uncompressed WAV files. Ugh...

Oh, and the skybox works fine for me when testing in GZDoom (I don't have Skulltag installed)

So any problem with it is either Skulltag related or, if you are using the hardware renderer with an old graphics card that your hardware is too old.