Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Texas Libra

True Blood season 2 premiere...TONIGHT!!!

That's right, the best (and as far as I know only) vampire TV show on today starts its second season tonight on HBO! I don't know about the rest of you but season 1 got me totally hooked. It was an engaging story, full of drama, suspense and heart. Even I was on the verge of tears after Sookie's grandmother was murdered. I also love how it's one big political allegory about gay/minority rights and such. On top of all that we got to see Anna Paquin naked after all these years :D

So, what are all y'all's thoughts about this new season? From what I gather Jason turns into a complete vampire-hating fundie that causes a big strain on his relationship with Sookie, probably to the point that he disowns her. I know things between Sookie and Bill are going to get complicated now that Jessica is back under Bill's servitude. I'd like to see if Sam and Tara get closer. Also I wonder if Tara gets back up on her own and turns into less of a loudmouthed bitch. And WTF is up with Mary Ann? Just who or what is she? Something tells me she's some kind of Supreme Being that's in charge of all the supernatural life forms; vampires, shapeshifters, werewolves, you name it. My reason for this theory, in episode 3 Bill confronts Malcolm, Diane and Liam, and the dialogue goes like this:

Bill: "The 3 of you will stay away from me and Sookie from now on."

Malcolm: "I'm your elder. You have no authority here."

Bill: "There are higher authorities."

Malcolm: "I'm not afraid of Eric."

Bill: "Higher than him."

Malcolm: "Well then she can speak to me."

Diane: "She can suck on sunlight for all I care!"

We never really know who "she" is after that. Knowing that Mary Ann and Sam had some kind of relationship in the past supports this idea a little bit I think.

And of course we all know Lafayette's the one lying dead in Andy's car at the very end of the season 1 finale, but what's racking my brain is how he died and who killed him. Was it Bill? Eric? Pam? Jessica? I guess we'll find out later.

All in all I'd also like to see if some kind of war between humans and vampries erupts...would be interesting.

Discuss. I'll comment on this thread again after the episode's over tonight.

rf` said:

Looks stupid, also its on HBO

I'm not worthy to be in the presence of such wisdom, please forgive me![/sarcasm]

Anywho, just now finished watching the season premiere.

OK, so it wasn't Lafayette that was dead in the car, and maybe I'm a bit off about Mary Ann...but I knew something would be going on with Arlene and Terry.

Now to get ready for work in the morning...here's to next week.

I can't be arsed to watch TV much. The season 1 DVDs just came out so maybe I'll check those out.