Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insane_Gazebo

Chasm style maps?

I always quite liked the original Doom2 map, The Chasm (Map24). Something about walking across narrow ledges might irritate some, but I've always quite liked sections with narrow walkways.

However, I'm struggling to think of many other examples of maps like that. Sure, I can think of sections of maps that have a little narrow ledge you need to race across and so on, but not entire maps built around the idea.

Can anyone suggest any to have a look at? I attempted to make my own a while ago, and it didn't turn out brilliantly. (I think some of you got to play it.)

None comes to my mind, but I am sure some '94/95 levels follow this concept.

Torn said:

None comes to my mind, but I am sure some '94/95 levels follow this concept.

ZDoom or moreso GZDoom maps may benefit from chasm design, thanks to thing bridges or 3d floors, not to mention being able to fly or look up/down, better 3d physics...

printz said:

ZDoom or moreso GZDoom maps may benefit from chasm design, thanks to thing bridges or 3d floors, not to mention being able to fly or look up/down, better 3d physics...

Especially since in ZDoom the player won't fly a mile away just from being hit by an imp fireball. :P

The Hell map in Doom3 reminded me of the Chasm. Somewhere near the start you have to walk on a narrow path while being attacked by Lost Souls.

I remember the Chasm to be one of the ugliest maps of Doom2 (the area with sfall walls for example), yet it was great fun.

But I don't know of any true remakes though.