Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alice Jameson

Midi software

StupidBunny said:

It's totally free but

Doohohoho

Anvil Studio may be the most difficult Midi composer unless you know music theory. I used to use Noteworthy, but having to uninstall/install an older version to get rid of the trial version nagging was getting annoying.

But if you know music, like I do, you'll be fine with that.

Alice Jameson said:

What is a good midi composer program that's free?

Define 'free'.

Don't know too much on the subject so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

A good choice would probably be to download the Fruity Loops trial. You can keep it for an unlimited amount of time, but you can't save your work in a project file and come back later.

However, as you probably know, midis are sort of little "project files" in themselves. So you could download the trial, work on a midi, save it, then come back and open it again to continue working.

I've found FL incredibly easy to use, especially considering I know next to nothing about music.

Record Producer MIDI Edition has a 30 day trial which I believe is pretty easy to circumvent. The full version is a measly $20 which is well worth it. I've tried other free programs and none of them are easy to use after using this one.

Talking about circumventing legitimate protection, are we?

Csonicgo said:

Anvil Studio may be the most difficult Midi composer unless you know music theory.

What the hell is so difficult about Anvil Studio? That's how I started composing midi and I had absolutely no musical background whatsoever. The key for non-musicians is probably the piano roll editor though. I mean it doesn't get any easier than plotting boxes on a graph...

Maes said:

Talking about circumventing legitimate protection, are we?

I mentioned that it's free for 30 days and that it can be bought for $20. If someone else chooses to circumvent trial periods then I can't really be blamed. By saying that I believe it's easy to circumvent, I'm just pointing out a flaw in the software. Nothing wrong with that. What I did is no different than pointing out how easy it is to rape an infant or steal a convertible.

AndrewB said:

What I did is no different than pointing out how easy it is to rape an infant or steal a convertible.

Well duh, I got losered once just for hinting at something much more tame than that (which however had to do with software) :-/ Then again I guess it's up to whoever is on patrol. Just saying.

Maes said:

Well duh, I got losered once just for hinting at something much more tame than that (which however had to do with software) :-/ Then again I guess it's up to whoever is on patrol. Just saying.

AndrewB is in his own terrible setting, so let him be :P
I have started with
FractMus
and have never really complained. Hopefully you find it alright, but I believe there is nothing perfect out there :P

Kirby said:
I have started with
FractMus
and have never really complained. Hopefully you find it alright, but I believe there is nothing perfect out there :P

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Numbers! Math! AAaaaarrrgh!

Alice Jameson said:

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Numbers! Math! AAaaaarrrgh!

Eh, it is a bit strange. However, you can sequence a song note by note if you want using this program. Alas that is the only alternative to using its algorithims that will drive you insane :P

Heh that must make for some pretty trippy music. Same thing as "aleatoric composers", I guess.