Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.Rocket

Mega5 DM Project underway !

About a month ago Mega5 was announced and since then development has started. As like previous versions of the Megasphere Mega series, Mega5 is a classic Deathmatch Mega wad set for Doom2. Limit removing. Meaning it will run on just about any source engine minus VPO and SEG limitations.
Mega5 will consist of almost 30 completely new DM levels and a large variety of new and old yet talented map authors alike.
The Mega is about 1/2 done, however there's room for more mappers if interested, info can be found here: http://megasphere.forumotion.com/projects-f6/

And here's a just released, 3 map Demo!

http://home.comcast.net/~mrrocket/mega5_temp/m_mega5.zip

Enjoy! and hope to hear from you soon.

p.s. Make sure to check out map03, it has become a quick favorite of play testers. ;)

Looks like you have a knack for detailwhoring your maps. :)

Those maps aren't even detail-whored... They look pretty nice though.

Well I wouldn't go and say there will be tons of detail in my maps for this project. Small details sure but not overly done. I'm not too much focused on detail with Mega5, I want it to be about (game play), that's where I'm trying to keep it, the map/floorplan is it's detail so to speak. Once that detail is playtested/finalized then small details can be added. Once the majority of authors have finished their maps and sent them in they will be reinstated to final update for detail additions and shared resources. This way, the maps will be enjoyable to play and replay, as well as visually enjoyable.

If you want to talk about detail, I think ace/newt wins that one so far in Mega5, but the map should play nice as well. ;)

Thanks for the kind words. ;) Mega5 has some open slots if anyone wouldn't mind busting out a small DM level for this..If interested, link is above.
That goes for you too Dutch! :D

Mega5 is currently "when it's done".
Wouldn't mind a Fall release though.

MR.ROCKET said:

Thanks for the kind words. ;) Mega5 has some open slots if anyone wouldn't mind busting out a small DM level for this..If interested, link is above.
That goes for you too Dutch! :D

Bleh I lack the motivation to do any mapping, I got some other stuff going right now.

Bump!
Mega5 has been released!
22 level Deathmatch mega wad for Doom2 and (most source engines).

Thanks to all contributors who hung in there and added to the project through thick and thin!
Special thanks credits to OC-remix and Lee Barber for his music in the portal map00!
Additional thanks and credits to all playtesters!
More info in the readme file.
————————————————–
Download Mega5 Deathmatch here: http://home.comcast.net/~mrrocket/Files/mega5.zip
It will most likely be up for grabs on the idgames archive soon as well.

I will also try to have it hosted on a Skulltag game server when I can, so make sure to jump in for some DM fun!
See you there!
Enjoy MEGA5!

Awesome news, glad you were able to finish it up, even if it is a few maps short! *thumbs up*

Hopefully I'll jump on skulltag and check out the maps soon since it's summer now ... (btw nice timing on that haha, now I have all this time to DM and stuff :P)

A very nice set of well polished DM Levels.

Great work guys. I love the classic atmosphere/layouts.

PS. Mr Rocket.. It was nice running through that level where 500 imps came out while I was checking out the level.

Always fun to randomly have a "tiny" fight on my hands while checking out the scenery (not being sarcastic!).

GJ!

Heh, I probably should have taken those imps out, but that’s what You get for running in single player! :D
Thanks and a lot of thanks goes out to everyone that took part in Mega5.
Most maps are pretty good in terms of game play, though a couple might fall a little short, never the less it is about 99% goodness.
Runs good on most sourceports, and I’m hoping it will stir up some dm players :P

Good to hear Macro, maybe I’ll see you on a server soon!
There’s currently 3 servers running it.