Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoWits

Add features from Builder 1!

Ack! Doom builder kept crashing bad so I upgraded to doom builder 2 and... what the HELL. There is no feature to change the linedef selection radius! Bring it back, PLEASE! I don't want to use INS to add new linedefs! Please bring it back!

Also, please make a select none key for visual mode. I hate whenever I select another linedef the first one I selected changes too.

Also, please make a flip linedef button for the toolbar, as I use that button quite a lot.

Thank you.

There is a deselection key for Visual Mode. The default is "C". Also for the flip linedef you just have to highlight the lindef you want to flip and press "F".

Eh, thanks for the deselection key tip. I didn't spot it in the keys menu.

As for the F key, I'm not much of a shortcutty person. I prefer toolbar buttons.

A DB1 feature I'm missing: the ACS decompiler. When looking at a map with a BEHAVIOR lump but no SCRIPTS lump, DB1 automatically generates a decompiled SCRIPTS lump, but DB2 gives you a blank SCRIPTS lump.

Yeah, but DEACC didn't work with the newest compiled scripts. It just worked with old scripts (ie: Hexen ones, or old ZDoom maps), so i'm really not missing much here.

the only thing I miss is the selection radius settings and the auto-stitch radius setting.

come to think of it though, it would also be nice if the "high quality display rendering" setting also turned on/off the beveled vertex icons. also anything that can be done to make DB2's "classic mode" as snappy and fast to react as DB1's would be great.

Morpheus said:

Yeah, but DEACC didn't work with the newest compiled scripts. It just worked with old scripts (ie: Hexen ones, or old ZDoom maps), so i'm really not missing much here.

Even if it just works with the Hexen scripts, it's already that. People don't usually remove the script lumps anyway, but when looking at the Hexen maps for reference (or just to check whether, say, a monster replacement mod would break it) it's handy.

Also, there's this.

MasterOfPuppets said:

the only thing I miss is the selection radius settings and the auto-stitch radius setting.

I really need that because I like to use the right mouse button to make my sectors.