Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pilottobombadier

gaming clan

Alrighty, for those that have seen the news on my webpage, I have started a gaming clan called Bullet Train to Heaven, and Doom with ZDoom is our central game just because of ease of access. However, we're short on members (I'm not trying to shill here, just bear with me), and I'd like to know how YOU would recommend we should recruit.

Both. But make sure to keep your clan active. I hate 12 year old halflife/quake players who make clans for no other purpose than to be in them and put a 'kewl' tag by their name. Play clan matches, make maps, host clan servers, you get the idea.

Yeah, what Liam said.

Playing a game with horribly crappy players is way less annoying than playing a game with good players who are total shitheads.

Yeah, what Liam said.

Playing a game with horribly crappy players is way less annoying than playing a game with good players who are total shitheads.

True. I never did care to play with asshole gamers when I was still online-playing Starcraft...

I was once inducted into clan {FOE} by my friend by beating him by about 5 frags on Quake II on a 6-player LAN game. He was all 'Wow, Congrats...you actualy beat me'. I was considering mentioning all the times I beat him when we played afterschool every day on a local server, but I decided to keep my mouth shut. And so it was that we became the three {FOE}s of Kitsap County. Eric, our leader (AKA {FOE}Leshrac, later {FOE}God), Mark (AKA {FOE}Tinky-Winky), and I, Dan (AKA {FOE}Belial). Technicaly, our clan never actualy broke up, so I guess I still am part of it. Since my friends still play Counter-Strike all the time, I think I'll join them next time and enter the game with the {FOE} tag...muahaha - just like old times.

Depends on what you want to accomplish with your clan. You want people to respect your clan and ph33r every time they see your name tag? Or do you just want to have fun with some dudes and play around? Or do you want to make contributions to the community with maps/other mods?

The Doom clan OS is a typical example of the ph33r clan... with players like Knorton and Urhash who probably are up there with other Doomgods skillwise, defeating average players with 50 to single digit scores. This type of clan can only be formed and maintained if you're a very skilled player yourself. The second type of clan needs compatible people who not necessarily play the game extremely well. The third type needs commited people who don't back out when you need their assistance and who has little or no life =)

Depends on what you want to accomplish with your clan. You want people to respect your clan and ph33r every time they see your name tag? Or do you just want to have fun with some dudes and play around? Or do you want to make contributions to the community with maps/other mods?

The Doom clan OS is a typical example of the ph33r clan... with players like Knorton and Urhash who probably are up there with other Doomgods skillwise, defeating average players with 50 to single digit scores. This type of clan can only be formed and maintained if you're a very skilled player yourself. The second type of clan needs compatible people who not necessarily play the game extremely well. The third type needs commited people who don't back out when you need their assistance and who has little or no life =)

<DJB> could survive from that since they have Dominus as the leader in clan.

I used to have a pseudo-clan back in the Kali days when I played Starcraft all the friggin time. Nothing like the hydralisks, lots of 'em.

Ahh...a fellow Kali man. Yeah, my friend and I used to play Starcraft online ALOT back in the day when Kali was big. Hah! Finally I've met someone else who uses the hydralisks instead of using cheap zergling rushes...

I used to play Starcraft over BNet all the time...I never played the normal FFA games, because Starcraft bred lame strategies, mostly rushes of various types. It was all bunker command and such for me.