Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sharessa

Now Theres Nothing More Fucked Up I Could Do

Wow...the most stupendusly horrendus thing happened to me not to long ago. I was sitting here, just posting on the forums and I was holding a screwdriver in my hands, just playing with it. Then I just tap the screen with it. What followed was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. The fucking display practicaly caved in on itself due to the magnetic field imminating from the screwdriver. I moved it across the screen in awe a couple of times, watching the pretty colors. When I withdrew it, the moniter was fucked. There was a huge dark blur in the middle, surrounded by a bunch of little light blurs. I thought I was fucked.

Luckily, after I degaussed it several times, it returned to a fairly normal state. But one question remains: how in the Nine Hells could a screwdriver, one not even supposed to be magnetic mind you, possibly have such a powerful magnetic field? I'm scared...

Why the fuck did you have a screwdriver???

Meh...I have this tool kit in my desk drawer, and I get figity sometimes. I've been known to take the hammer and start...uh...hammering riffs out on my knees. :)

Why the fuck did you have a screwdriver???

Meh...I have this tool kit in my desk drawer, and I get figity sometimes. I've been known to take the hammer and start...uh...hammering riffs out on my knees. :)

You are messed up there Dan.

I kill
I have killed
I will kill again
I have killed part of myself
I must seek Buddah
I must seek Christ...

I kill
I have killed
I will kill again
I have killed part of myself
I must seek Buddah
I must seek Christ...

I hate that shit

certain screwdrives have magnetized ends, so that screws can stick to them after you, uhhh...unscrew them...it's extremely helpful if you're working in a tight space...

case solved - NEXT!

certain screwdrives have magnetized ends, so that screws can stick to them after you, uhhh...unscrew them...it's extremely helpful if you're working in a tight space...

case solved - NEXT!

Next is the case of the missing pants

I noticed that effect first holding a metal ruler in my hand. Gives a nice pattern. But does not hurt anything. That should serve to remind you not to place unshielded speakers near your monitor. And not to hurt yourself with the srewdriver whilst playing with it :)

Plus: Before working with your screwdriver on electronics, make sure that it is non-magnetic. If it is, there are spools available that can free tools from magnetic fields. Such that are used for maintaince of tape-decks. For adjusting electronic parts better use a scewdriver made of bernsteinit.

Hah, turn on 4 or 5 monitors and place them all next to eachother. You'll see the weirdest things ;)

Hah, turn on 4 or 5 monitors and place them all next to eachother. You'll see the weirdest things ;)

How the Hell do people find shit like this out?

LAN parties. We actually had to take the caps of our pc cases and shield the monitors with them.

Lack of real life ;)

(like me)

Lack of real life ;)

(like me)

Heh, you people need a life, I have one outside this forum, out there where the grass is green and the sky is blue...

I also have a life outside the forums, where the grass is RGB(32,154,80) and the sky is sunset.jpg.

I also have a life outside the forums, where the grass is RGB(32,154,80) and the sky is sunset.jpg.

I mean OUTSIDE. Heh.

Lack of real life ;)

(like me)

Heh, you people need a life, I have one outside this forum, out there where the grass is green and the sky is blue...

Yeah, enjoy your life. Put out your shoes and run on that grass, follow the flying butterflies and smell the fresh flowers that pierce the ground. Better do it in company of a nice girl. Do not carry any computer magazines with you :)

Heh, I remember taking apart an old humongous 20MB (yes 20MB) hard drive, getting the 4 magnets out of it and giving them to different people. They ended up being taken to school during the next few weeks, where all hell broke loose. These were the strongest magnets I'd ever personally used. I think they were ultimately responsible for over $5000 worth of damaged equipment like TVs and monitors and stuff. Some idiot walked down a row of school computers with the magnet in his pants pocket and when he turned around all the monitors were blue green and purple with the displays having been sucked into the center (but they were macs, so no big loss). Somebody else walked in front of his home TV with one and his mom had to get that replaced. We gave two to the German teacher and they snapped together on his finger and tore off a big chunk of skin. People also threw them at filing cabinets and blackboards at random, like in the middle of class you'd hear this loud "CU-CHANK!" sound and everybody would jump. I got stuck to a metal support in the cafeteria once too :)

They eventually got lost/stolen/taken away, so my search for another old drive like that one continues.

but they were macs, so no big loss). Somebody else walked in front of his home TV with one and his mom had to get that replaced. We gave two to the German teacher and they snapped together on his finger and tore off a big chunk of skin. People also threw them at filing cabinets and blackboards at random, like in the middle of class you'd hear this loud "CU-CHANK!" sound and everybody would jump. I got stuck to a metal support in the cafeteria once too :)

They eventually got lost/stolen/taken away, so my search for another old drive like that one continues.

Lüt, ever tried to kill a memory chip? That is pretty hard to manage, I once tried out almost everything, from piezo-electrical lighters to boiling water (!). The only I did not try was the electroshocker my sister got when she signed for a 1 year of Cosmopolitan Germany. Those chips seem to be sturdy (regardless to what is told by various computer guides)

Hah, connect one of those making sure the ground pin does not touch the mainframe et voila, it fries in a matter of seconds.

Moral of the story: It takes a really strong magnetic field to induce enough current to fry a memory chip.

As for a real life... I get half my exercise playing DDR. Mmmm... Captain Jack... Boom Boom Dollar... Dynamite Rave... Gimme Gimme... Ba Kkwo...

* Katgut mops up the drool puddle