Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

Claustrophobia 1024 Demos

map16 UV-speed in 0:58

just one run today. the tricks helped avoid almost all the fighting. the rest of the maps in second episode is frustratingly hard to speed through...

2c16-058.zip

Well hello there,
I've recorded a UV Speed demo on map 30, with PrBoom 2.5.0, complevel 9. Time is 1:59.
Thought I'd share that with you guys, even if it's a bit sloppy and more like a table-filler.

Link is http://membres.lycos.fr/wilou84/Doom/Demos/Single/1024Clau/1024clau30-uv-159-wh.zip
( Use right click, then "Save target as...". My host is kinda annoying with hosted files :/ ).

Sorry about the demo name, we at CFD use a different way of naming our demos.

Btw, this level is hard.
Is it possible to do a proper UV Max here ? Killing those Revenants near Romero seems like almost impossible...

Keep recording demos on this wad, it's awesome !

[WH]-Wilou84 said:
( Use right click, then "Save target as...". My host is kinda annoying with hosted files :/ ).

That didn't work for me, but copying the URL and pasting it into the browser address bar did. You can also attach demos, if you want.

Gotta get caught up on watching the latest demos.

Before I do that, did a UV-Max for map 29, "Magnum Opus". Time for the demo is 5:17. Easily improvable given what happened in the last 1/3rd of the level.

Attaching demo now.

2c29-517.zip

It's offical...I have almost no limit on how far I go before saying enough is enough in trying to record a demo :P.

It took me darn near 4 hours of non-stop recording attempts to improve my map29 UV-Max to 4:46.

Time for me to get off now and take a breather.

Attaching demo now.

2c29-446.zip

Nice runs skep (& everyone) like usual. Just wondering why you left that last reverent in 17 though? Maybe it was a ghost or something?

Some cool tricks like the 30 vile jump and the 23 death slide exit.

yeah, awesome demos, everyone. i loved mork's 31 max, because me, i took a wrong sequence of ways and ended up without ammo. :) skepticist, your map01 pacifist made me rage-scream about 'edited' and some other nasty stuff, fucking brilliant work! how long did it take?

I noticed the cyb in Anima's maxes gets immobilized for a period. This wouldn't happen in Doom, where monster's can't be pushed to the edge. In Boom, if you push a monster onto a ledge, but not enough to make it drop, it'll be helpless until it drops or is pushed away from the edge.

gggmork said:
Just wondering why you left that last reverent in 17 though? Maybe it was a ghost or something?

He must be going by the "killing every monster at least once" rule stated in the COMPET-N FAQ.

couldn't the same be reached even in vanilla via lifts and rising platforms? i'm pretty sure i've seen some demos with demons getting caught on the edge of a lift. and they're not totally helpless, they retain their melee attack if you wander too close.

map12 UV-speed in 1:12, by the way. not as cool as gusta's 2424-424, but what is? :)

2c12-112.zip

dew said:
couldn't the same be reached even in vanilla via lifts and rising platforms? i'm pretty sure i've seen some demos with demons getting caught on the edge of a lift.

Right, I meant that it added the possibility of getting stuck for any monster at a ledge, not just lifts (or a bit at doors) as usual.

EDIT: Butts, to get PrBoom+ to record with Boom compatibility add -complevel 9 to the command line while recording.

Did it not play back correctly? I'll make a new demo if it's fucked up. My bad, I just kind of recorded without thinking about anything.

myk said:
He must be going by the "killing every monster at least once" rule stated in the COMPET-N FAQ. [/B]

Or, he might see Doom wiki. Actually, I confirmed the rule there first. They were copied/pasted from Compet-N FAQ. Someone should change them.

Map 22 UV-Max in 4:48

2c22-448.zip

more UV-speed tablefilling...

map18 UV-speed in 1:55
map19 UV-speed in 0:23
map20 UV-speed in 2:06

2c_dew3.zip

map26 UV-speed in 2:13

super-ugly demo with some slow monster shooting and a part you'll want to sue me for, but i finally got all the linedef skips i needed...

2c26-213.zip

gggmork, have I told you that I love you? Haha, I'm kidding, that was a nice demo of Map28, I couldn't be that brave in doing that infighting at the last bit, that was pretty good! Good stuff.

Great demos on Map13 too, Jodwin and Anima Zero! :-)

Keep all the enjoyable 1024 demos coming!