Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Geerdy

Time To go back

Hey
Every week i try to post something.
After fun with unreal and UT its time to
return to my fovorite Sofware Doom Quake en RTCW and looking on the web to new doom related stuff.

We know something new thats sounds cool hé :

"Lords of the games."

"Images have comprised of 250 000 polygons."
"The game looks like a horror movie."
"Demons jump through glass, baring their hideous fangs."
"Zombies leap from shadows."
"the game looks so thrilling to play, that gamers will do so over and over again."
"We doing that now, right ? With doom en doom 2." :-)

I think we can disscus this points, isn't it.

"Lords of the games."

To me, there are who game developers I absolutely worship : Warren Spector and John Carmack. The ultimate gamer's dream would be if these two would somehow melt into one person : John Spector, Pope of Games.

"Images have comprised of 250 000 polygons."

250K poly models are being used to handle the lighting information on the characters, but the actual scenes in the game won't be anything near that number.

John Spector

that sound likes the ultimate combo for elite game developer.one is great for the idea.and the other one is great for the thecnic.

[edit]if the hero of DOOM3 is not the same person with doom marine.i`d like to see doom space marine ZOMBIE take the role as one of the NPC or boss in DOOM3.assuming that for some reason the DOOM marine is corupted by hellspawn (ok it`s sound like star war) after he destroyed the gateway to hell after FINAL DOOM.[/edit]

Nah, I would HATE to see my old friend as a zombie.

He should be cranky, lonely, have nightmares continually and a poor sense of reality. In fact I don't even think a mind could resist the sight of the Hell the Bible talks about, but we're going by the Doom rules here.

As far as I know, the Hell which the Bible tells us about is too hot to survive in (unless you're a damned soul).

well i'd like to see his fate,and what HEL do affect him after the battle.Zaldron's sounds better than mine.he is doomed.the war turn him(who was once brave guy) to lonely cranky guy.he once a hero.but he is a human.the experience in hell may be too much for him.

for zombie idea,he may turn to be one dangerous fast-ass zombieman.his memory may be lost.but his survival skill and fighting instict is still with him.(sounds a bit retarded,nah just an idea)

well i'd like to see his fate,and what HEL do affect him after the battle.Zaldron's sounds better than mine.he is doomed.the war turn him(who was once brave guy) to lonely cranky guy.

ya, he's da sex cauldron.

Isn't the Space Marine more alien/Demon than human? In quake the ranger after the boss deafeat he is now more alien than human and he has seen hell ( i think so )

what if HE was the endboss? or involved in bringing the demons back some how...hmmm...

Btw, the Doomguy doesn't look particularly zombiefied in the macworld video.

There's an idea: The player-character is a hellspawn set to take revenge against the original Doomguy.

i'd like to think the story in DOOM3 take place in the far future(like 40-50 years) after ter final doom,and all other human seems to forget about those nightmare.

i'd like to think the story in DOOM3 take place in the far future(like 40-50 years) after ter final doom,and all other human seems to forget about those nightmare.

If anything like DOOM2 happened irl, that would not be an easy thing to forget...

did any one say that was the doomguy in the macworld video?

Well, it looks a helluva lot like him.
Who else should it be, I mean, the Doomguy is the only actual human left in the older Doom games and this marine in the video is the only human character in the video (who happens to look like the Doomguy in the older games).

It would be impossible for the human race to forget that once upon a time, in ages past, that demons once ravaged the planet. I think Doom3 should take place just a decade or so after Final Doom.

It would be impossible for the human race to forget that once upon a time, in ages past, that demons once ravaged the planet. I think Doom3 should take place just a decade or so after Final Doom.

my bad for that assumption.by the way we probably won't see those horde of hellspawn again in DOOM3.i'd like to see reasonable explanation about the decrease in monster's number of second invasion.why they don't overwhlem the earth with the number as they did in DOOM.also it need good connect with final doom and DOOM3.i hope that Tim Willits would did great job on that story board.

We don't even KNOW if it's a sequel. What if it's a retelling of the original Doom story? The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to actually like the idea of a remake.
But I HAVE thought about a possible continuation for the story: What if it takes place a year after the invasion ended and you are sent back to mars (because you were the only survivor and thus the only one who know about the interior of the base) to recover something for the new government, but then it turns out that there are demon "leftovers" on Mars and as you fight your way further into the base (on Mars - not on the two moons) you realize that there are a suspiciously large amount of hellspawn, taking into consideration that most of them were killed off in the first Doom game, and later it becomes clear that they have reopened the old experimental gateway on Phobos, leading to a part of Hell which isn't so badly damaged by the destruction of the Icon as the rest of Hell.

I mean, it already seems rather clear that the game will take place on Mars.

hmm...sometimes I hope that we are not expecting too much. I mean, there are so much good ideas...
The engine will be amazing, but I read a lot of cool stuff that I would like to see in the game. From weapon ideas over story possibilities, over how swimming should be, blabla....enemies, items, HUD....shit we've discussed everything ':|

I'm trying to keep my expectations low (I did with RtCW and I'm quite happy about the game myself, but I do get a bit sad when I see people make posts about how much they think it sucks), but I still like to discuss ideas.

..., but I still like to discuss ideas.

Absolutely !

I see it coming...everyone here has finished the game and discussed it to death before i'm able to start playing. I really hope that there will not be too much time between the American and the Europe release....

Yeah, I expect to stay away from any forum when Doom hits the shelves in the US - I hope that the game'll be so good that it'll keep me away from the DW forums for months after I've got my copy.

Wish they'd go for a simultaneous worldwide release (like Blizzard did with the Diablo 2 expansion pack).

Wish they'd go for a simultaneous worldwide release

seem impossible,but i plan to import one.i will get it 2-3 days later from US release.better than waitng for domestic release(RTCW take one month to ship here,screw the publisher)