Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Super Jamie

Speedmapping this weekend?

Anyone interested in doing speedmap challenge this weekend?

100 minute limit. Doom 2. Boom-compatible.

I'm starting mine.

All done.

Rock Out with your Sock Out - Doom2 MAP01 Speedmap

A few parts didn't scale exactly how I thought they would, but I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out anyway. Didn't align any textures. I tried not to let you get stuck in the water, sorry if there are spots where you can. Tested for ammo balance and switch/tag bugs with PrBoom.

Edit: Fixed a couple of HOMs I'd missed. Limit increased to 100 minutes so I added a thing next to the switch which I've always wanted to do in a map.

Speedmapping sessions is mostly 100 minutes, not 60 minutes.

So when does this contest end? I thought of contributing to this ;)

And I give up... NOW. I've forgotten to eat and I'm a bit lightheaded now and my stomach hurts like hell, so I'm forced to give up the project. Oh well, it'll make a good regular map either way.

Solarn said:

And I give up... NOW. I've forgotten to eat and I'm a bit lightheaded now and my stomach hurts like hell, so I'm forced to give up the project. Oh well, it'll make a good regular map either way.

why not just resume it after you've eaten?

I made a map but it's not good. I can't map let alone speedmap.

Hellbent said:

why not just resume it after you've eaten?

I made a map but it's not good. I can't map let alone speedmap.

Because I'm horrible at keeping track of time. I know when I started mapping, but I have no idea when I stopped and started eating.

Solarn said:

Because I'm horrible at keeping track of time. I know when I started mapping, but I have no idea when I stopped and started eating.

If your stomach hurts like hell, can't you let your hunger be your guide then, as opposed to time? :p

Jodwin said:

Speed of Jod
95 mins total

This is really cool! I died a fair few times at the start, and pretty sure I'll never pass that exit room.

By the way, how many maps are we limited to? :P

No limit, make a speedmap megawad if you like :P

Hellbent said:

I can't map let alone speedmap.

Oh rubbish, your idgames pages have good reviews. Submit anyway dude!

The idea is just to just encourage some casual mapping, not to say "If you're not Enjay/Deadall then you suck". And hell, maybe we can all improve from the experience, my map is hardly the pinnacle of Doom editing, but I learnt some things from it.

Cool. I might get around to doing one or two. And a nice map to jamie and a very nice map to jodwin, with only 100 minutes. Pure gameplay with no frills :D

Im gonna start one now.. im damn bored.. 100 minute limit.. 1.4 hours... alrighty.. dunno if i'll reach the limit but imma work on a map.

Dunno what sort of theme its going to have.. just hit 3PM here so imma start work on it now.

EDIT: never got to finish it.. had visitors come over halfway thru..

...well, I guess I just lost track of the time. Yea, that's it. I finished up my map, but uh...it took me about 5 hours. I got a little carried away. At first I started off in speedmap mode but as I progressed I started to map myself into a hole. Oh well, it was fun and the end result should be playable atleast. Obviously this can't be entered as part of this speedmapping session though :p. I might try to do a legit one later.

http://mekworx.phenomer.net/mekastuff/wads/mek-dom1.zip

That was pretty nice, Mek (although I would have made it have more menacing fights, but whatever :P). Very E3. You should upload it to the archives the very least.

Nice map mech, I lol'd at the blue armor secret, thinking "so THAT'S where that's been hiding ...", which I finally found 5 minutes after killing everything but the hell knight guarding it.

Solarn said:

My second try went over the 100 minute mark with some 10 minutes, then I spent another 50 fixing some errors I made. But at least I've made my first MAP07 map.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o7nqvh

I liked this. Extends on MAP07 whilst retaining the original feel. I've been trying to think of how to make a decent circular version myself for a few weeks now. Good job! :)

Slight bug tho, tag 667 raises a sector floor by the height of its' lower texture, not opens a door, so you can't actually enter the exit. You need to build a step up to the exit door, not tag the door 667.

Rad work all the same. I love MAP07.

The Green Herring said:

Okay, here's a map I did today in an hour and 29 minutes (yeah, I messed up,) just for fun. It's really short and really, really stupid, but yeah. Check it out anyway.

lolz. was good for a few minutes of fun. Like how it took 3 minutes to add the music :P