Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Banshou

Question Reguarding Raising Floors (Round 2)

Okay, I have two bridges that rise, one using a walk trigger, other using a switch. The switch one uses "S1 Floor Raise to Next Higher Floor (changes texture)" and the walk uses "W1 Floor Raise to Next Higher Floor(changes texture)" yet for some reason, when they rise, they both turn into the texture FLAT14. I tried removing all of the FLAT14 from my map to see if that changed anything, but they both still become that texture. Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Some linedef actions will move a sector and change it's floor texture to match the destination sector's texture. If you don't want this texture change effect, you'll have to use another linedef type. If it's changing to the wrong texture, then somehow you have an adjacent texture with FLAT14 somewhere. If none of your sectors is using FLAT14 at all, you might have broken sector references or something of that nature that is messing it up. Try posting the map so we can see if that is the case.

Also, try saving and reloading the map. This should remove all "invisible" sectors that don't have any linedefs.

I actually fixed it, but thank you. Someone on another forum told me that all of these Change Texture floor raise ones change the texture to the adjescent texture, the first one I had (The switch) had the FLAT14 texture, so it made the bridge that, then I walked into the bridge, making the second bridge that texture. I fixed it now though, thank you for the support.

Also dont forget to texture the Lower back or front sidedefs of the raising bridge otherwise when it raises it will turn into a hall of mirrors.