Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Zdoom Multiplayer on different OSes?

if I want to play coop or dm with my friend through wireless ip connect, do we need to be using the same OS? We are both trying to play coop on the latest version of zdoom in lostepis.wad. I have winXP he has Vista. The game appears to connect but we are both solo when the game has lauched. Do we need to be using the same OS?

EDIT: we have the same Iwads.

alright, so any ideas why it isn't working? The game loads for both of us--very quickly in fact--no lag in loading for the two to connect like it does when I DM online on doom connector. We are using zdlauncher.

Every now and then I run a SkullTag game and my comp and laptop are x64-bit and my friends laptop and desktop are x32-bit and it works fine, I run the server and the rest just join. An all are different OS'.

But I haven't heard of the launcher before, but it sounds buggy, who made it?

Jeffrey Cuenco. It's buggy in other ways. The location of zdoom.exe gets reset periodically and randomly, so that there is no command line there--so sometimes when you try to launch the game, nothing happens.

Mithral_Demon said:

Every now and then I run a SkullTag game

Skulltag != Zdoom.

You should be fine, cross platform and processor. As long as the build of zdoom itself is the same and your loading the same wads, it should work perfectly. I have had a long succession of playing between very different environments. 32 and 64bit, Linux and windows, even Linux on a hacked xbox and windows on 64bit.

99% of the time, multiplayer connectivity issues are due to routers and firewalls. make sure you unblock the required ports. or use "dmzplus" mode where all ports are unblocked if your router has the feature.