Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

B.P.R.D. Wads Demos [-complevel 2 and 9]

Nobody thinks the way I do when it comes to vacations.

Nature vacations are an especially sticky business. Me and my traveling companions always end up regretting each other's company, because we just don't enjoy nature in the same way.

Let's say that we're touring some garden, or park, or forest. Inevitably, my traveling companions will slowly wander past the foliage, taking pictures and admiring the natural beauty and all that...

I think that the best way to appreciate that sort of place is to run like hell, and to murder every last living thing in it.

B.P.R.D's GROVE UV MAX in 7:24.

grov-724.zip

Ancalagon said:

nuts 2 uv-max? in 5:02

only 94% kills, i am not going to kill those cybers with sg
nuts3 lags too much :(

Nuts 3 is maxable, I just never got around to doing it. If you run it in GlBoom+ with "monsters help dying friends" turned off it should play at a reasonable speed. (I think that's the problematic setting). In the main battlefield, sometimes a lot of revenants are alive at the end and sometimes it's a lot of hell knights/barons so you might get lucky and have them kill each other off completely. There's a huge amount of shotgun ammo left on the battlefield by the dead shotgun guys so ammo isn't a big problem. Choosing a complevel requires some thought because with -complevel 2 some cybers never teleport onto their platforms (because of some bug involving a certain floor-moving trigger and low sector heights) and in -complevel 9 you have to deal with knocking cybers off of their platforms which might make them more difficult and dangerous to kill. There are also a couple chaingunners placed way out in the void of the map so a true max isn't technically possible.

nuts3 max is obviously possible, in the speed you got 80% kills, the real problem is the lag i get with the map, i'd like to see where i am going!
and i can't run glboom, even with the smallest maps (my computer is the worst)
But other people can go for it, it is not hard to do.

Ancalagon said:

nuts2 uv-max/reality in 3:42
how did i miss that bfg the 1st time??!!!?!?!!?!
94% kills

gave my first ever attempt on the map, and i killed all but 75-80 cybers and then died
was rather out of ammo anyway
but shooting from top side a big part of cells is a waste damage-wise I guess
with more invul spheres it could ahve been much easier
(first part used 0 ammo and 0 spheres obviously, all splatted very fast from the traps)

13 hours ago, Ancalagon said:

Nuts max in 4:35

And because it's not required to kill the cybers for max in this map, this allows for some silly categories such as this stroller max in 15:03

nuts-435.zip

nutsstr1503.zip

Wait, seems to be even a stroller pacifist max then!  ;)  And yes, stroller demo is approved by kraflab's LMP analyzer output: "Stroller: true"...  ;)

25 minutes ago, Dingir said:

Wait, seems to be even a stroller pacifist max then!  ;)

Because of the rules of stroller every stroller is a pacifist run walk.