Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

new one on me?!

just when u think u have seen every error another one comes out of windows and bite your ass. this one is completly strange. i finally got all my classic DOS games installed and running but just one oddity, the sound. MIDI music is fine but the effects are just wrong. there too damn loud. doom i was able to fix my adjusting it in doom, but i should not have had to. its like the wav volume is blasating in DOS games. however in windows it is fine and the only dos game that works correct is comander keen. all the others just blare the wav sounds

Get yourself a decent C64 already.

He, I have two C128D standing here, one in a plastic housing (with fan built in) and the other in the metal housing, the later model (without fan).

The C64 maybe is the computer for which the mightiest CPU accelerator is available: The famous "SuperCPU". That is an accelerator cartridge, that comes with a 20mHz processor, 20 time the clock of the original cpu in the C64. 20 time!

what is it?

The Beowulf Project was this thing developed by NASA where they'd take home computers and hook them up somehow to make them into one supercomputer. Apparently, NASA used a 16-node Beowulf, which would be 16 computers, and it was equivalent to a supercomputer. My friend once found this shirt online that said 'My computer is a Beowulf 4000'. Heh...just think about that...a 4000-node Beowulf.

what is it?

The Beowulf Project was this thing developed by NASA where they'd take home computers and hook them up somehow to make them into one supercomputer. Apparently, NASA used a 16-node Beowulf, which would be 16 computers, and it was equivalent to a supercomputer. My friend once found this shirt online that said 'My computer is a Beowulf 4000'. Heh...just think about that...a 4000-node Beowulf.

I need that for DOOM editing.

That would interest me: How such a supercomputer, lets say the famous Cray-X from 1985, would perform in a comparision with modern computers. I recently saw a Cray-X (I touched it) in a computer museum.

a benchmark comparision...

Oh I remember the days of the Alpha 250...the one I got to see in my father's job had a text-to-speech narrator years before anything else did.

That would interest me: How such a supercomputer, lets say the famous Cray-X from 1985, would perform in a comparision with modern computers. I recently saw a Cray-X (I touched it) in a computer museum.

a benchmark comparision...

It would be my guess that modern computers (I'm assuming you mean the fastest PCs) would clean it's clock so to speak, in some ways at least.

Has anyone ever heard of the Beowulf Project?

I had to a project on that silly story back in 8th grade. It was possibly the worst literature-based experience I've ever had.

Has anyone ever heard of the Beowulf Project?

I had to a project on that silly story back in 8th grade. It was possibly the worst literature-based experience I've ever had.

You mean you didn't come up with any witty comments to make the class laugh? Bah! :P