Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Something for the Michael Jackson fans

'Endless' supply of music in Jackson's vaults

"There are dozens and dozens of songs that did not end up on his albums," said Tommy Mottola, who from 1998 to 2003 was chairman and CEO of Sony Music, which owns the distribution rights to Jackson's music. "People will be hearing a lot of that unreleased material for the first time ever. There's just some genius and brilliance in there."

The releases, Mottola said, "could go on for years and years — even more than Elvis."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090702/ap_on_en_mu/us_michael_jackson_unreleased_music

Wow, how exciting!

No, wait, the other thing. Boring!

The big labels win again since they own the distribution rights and Jackson can't do shit about it now.

This is why I don't like major labels, they screw with the artists and have them slave away at mediocre music most of the time and getting little pay from what is promised in the contract.

Am I the only one who enjoys hearing unreleased music from my favored artist? Are you pissed because the record company is making profit when we should see this free?

Yeah, I posted about this in the other thread. I forgot to mention that one song has already been leaked. And oh look, it's on Youtube already...

I actually kind of like it.

That wasn't that bad, despite not being into that genre of music.

Meh, they even did this back in the late 50s and early 60s with unreleased Buddy Holly stuff. It's not a new phenomenon by any means (though the estimates of the number of tracks does seem exceptional). However, if the unreleased tracks for other dead artists are anything to go by, there is a reason that many of them are unreleased.

If I were a genuine Michael Jackson fan, at the thought of sudden new music available, I'd have said yay! new music.