Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kyka

Computer Music. 80's style.

lol, I saw that a few days ago my endless scouring of the internet. Nice crt monitors. google bing dance floor dale for another retarded thing by them.

sports!

As far as 80's "computer style" music goes, I've seen far more impressive performances, music-, instruments- and presentation-wise.

This one is more about the lulz, so if you watch it with that mind setting, it's not bad.

ugghhh whyd the song cut off?

JohnnyRancid said:

ugghhh whyd the song cut off?

No idea to tell the truth. I just saw it, and thought something like 'aaaahhh wtf, I may just post this.'

It made me laugh anyway.

Damn, those dudes are serious business! Check out their expressions!

Fuuuuuck, there must be more to this song. It's fucking awesome.

I noticed the Adult Swim watermark in the corner. Must have been from Tim and Eric.

Hahahaha, awesome!

This was kind like seeing Kraftwerk live, except these guys look like they're off a bad home improvement show, Kraftwerk were just old men in suits :P

kraftwerk were millions of times better than this.
you need to go back to electro 101, super j.

If you want to go for oldschool electronic music, look no further than this...

1969, bitches.

The only older bit of electronic music of any note is the Doctor Who theme, but this song here actually charted.

EDIT: Okay, I'm slightly mistaken. Hot Butter's version was from 1972. However, it was a cover of a song done in 1969. This is what happens when I go solely off of stuff I read on Ishkur's Guide.

What a trip. The original misses out the double beat at the end of each bar.

I'm more used to hearing appropriations of the Hot Butter version - it was the theme of the game Digger I used to play as a 5 yearold - so the original sounds odd to me.

Strange. I don't think I've ever heard the original. Thanks for that.

On the topic of old electronic music...

Years ago (I think the year was probably 1973) a friend of mine had a tape (big, old fashioned reel to reel) that had Popcorn (Hot butter) on it and it also had an electronic version in a similar style of the tune "Strangers in the Night". Here's a long shot. Does anyone know who the artist may have been? I've been trying to track it down for years.

the best early electronic/electro-mechanical music was that of Varese, Stockhausen, Cage, Schaeffer, and Iannis Xenakis. :P

Any Theramin music would definitely be considered electronic, and the theramin was invented around 1900.

It's adult swim, so it's probably a Tim and Eric skit.

spank said:

It's adult swim, so it's probably a Tim and Eric skit.

Can't believe it took that long for someone to point that out.

Once saw a theremin modded into a synth input, possibly as a MIDI device. The results were pretty trippy.

The whole experimental, electronic music thing doesn't seem to fit DOOM very well. It would probably be an interesting mod that could use it effectively.

i know of at least one theremin (by moog) that can be used as a midi controller un-modded. i'm actually thinking of buying one for this purpose.

Danarchy said:

Popcorn

I've heard that song before, but I never knew the name. I might have to use that in one of my Doom maps.

Hehe, everybody's heard that song. I heard it played on a CBC radio station once, I've seen it in a diaper commercial, there are about 10,000 (mostly horrible) remixes of it. Popular indeed.