Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

COMING SOON TO AN ARCADE NEAR YOU......

No, this is not a relapse of my thread in the General forum where I posted the pics of my "arcade machine" (which I hope to send in as the POTD). What I want to know is your opinion of id taking the next step and porting the game(s) we all know and love to arcade.

show me to the token machine!!1111

actually, i doubt id would ever do such a thing. but you never know...

I'm wondering how they would force people to eventually put more money in. Would they:
1: Have a finite timer that killing monsters added to (i.e. whatsisface's "Doom: The Arcade Game")
2: Have a constantly draining life that goes up when you add money (i.e. Gauntlet)
3: Play until you die, and have a stream of constantly respawning monsters and a few unkillable monsters to guarentee you do eventually die (i.e. Robotron)

Didn't think about that one Jack.

Acutally, here's how: it's on a joystick. Seeing as how most DOOMers don't use joysticks, it would be impossible to control. Plus, arcade games in general are for the most part made harder to beat than the home version. This is so because nobody can spend all day at an arcade.

I may be wrong, but you never know.

Plus, arcade games in general are for the most part made harder to beat than the home version. This is so because nobody can spend all day at an arcade.

Then explain DDR! Explain it! For the love of god someone explain it!

/me cries

What's to explain? It's an epileptic seizure set to bad J-pop. (Or bad techno-Disney... *shudder*)

What's to explain? It's an epileptic seizure set to bad J-pop. (Or bad techno-Disney... *shudder*)

LOL...

But is there any GOOD J-pop? I think not...

But is there any GOOD J-pop? I think not...

well i don't know what kind of j-pop that people (who doesn't live in Japan) listen to.i guess your j-pop image is something similar to those boy bands in western country.but there are stil many great Japanese band.whose songs and both good in rhythm and lyric(for people who understand japanese).

The only good foreign music is German...aside from stuff in England or Australia, of course.

There is some good japanase stuff, ussually the themes from certain animes series. I might have 2 or 3 mp3s of those, but bands? Hah, no thanks.

This is why you should be required to play a 3rd Mix Korean machine - there's K-pop on it, too! (Which is usually better... Ba Kkwo 0wnz j00.)

What the hell is this DDR shit?

All I know is that a few chips of it are gonna be in my next computer.

Dance Dance Revolution. Some mega hyper ultra super faggoty game about dancing and getting points based on your quality.

Anyone ever play 'Parappa the Rapper'? 'Um Jammer Lammy'? It's about music, though, not dancing. Frankly, they drive me nuts, but my roomate has them and I had never heard of them before. How about you guys?

i have played the first stage of parappa the rapper once.the music was quite good.

That's what I hear. 'Um Jammer Lammy' had some ridiculous lyrics, though. I think that's my only real problem with it...

My friend made a CD of what he called the 'Best Songs Ever'...he had a bunch of Final Fantasy songs, some crappy stuff like Blink 182, and some Parrapa the Rappa songs...it was lame...the only good song he had on it was Miserlou by Dick Dale...that song kicks fucking ass.

I wonder how much that thing would go for on eBay.

dan: It's just a dummy cabinet with a videotape of Doom gameplay.

One thing that pisses me off about movies is when they play computer or Nintendo games, and the action on the screen is totally out of sync with the kid's hands on the controllers. It's like they're mashing the controller mercilessly, and the first level of Mario 3 plays slowly on the TV. (I forget which movie that was... *not* The Wizard.)

Heh...I remember the Wizard...it was pretty much the only time I ever saw a power glove...I always wanted one of those...

Miserlou by Dick Dale...that song kicks fucking ass.

honeybunny:I Love you pumpkin.

pumpkin:I Love you to honeybunny... Everybody be cool this I a robbry!

honeybunny:ANY OF YOU FUCKING PRICKS MOVE, AND I'LL KILL EXECUTE EVERY LAST MOTHER FUCKING ONE OF YOU!!!

God, I love that movie

Hey, The Wizard! Now there's a movie I haven't heard about in a LONG time. They showed it on CBC once when i was 4. it was good for it's time.

best old nintendo game:

DUCK HUNT!!!!!!1!!

best old nintendo game:

DUCK HUNT!!!!!!1!!

No! Gyromite! The only game that requires 2 controllers to play single player!

Karnov was pretty great too...

here,

there was a doom machine in Grosse Point Blank.

See my thread in the general forum under the exact same title as this one. I said that "arcade machine" I made was partly inspired by that. Go take a long walk off a short pier.