Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom64 EX (Feedback build) Now at v1.1c

Just a question: Is the enter button reserved for something in this? in my numpad-movement key layout this causes issues where I can't use my standard use button (enter)

So I had decided that I was going to wait until this was updated again with hopes of the lag issues related to music being resolved, but this still hasn't happened. So I went ahead and downloaded the Absolution TC (To my dismay this appears to crash every time I start it.. *grumble*) So I'm back here.. either I play with the music and it's a laggy mess, or lose the ambiance for playability.

I honestly don't see what Kaiser has against music wads. What, the file size? The TC's wad is 54 megs. A 1 terabyte hard drive is $89.99.

Mike.Reiner said:

So I had decided that I was going to wait until this was updated again with hopes of the lag issues related to music being resolved, but this still hasn't happened. So I went ahead and downloaded the Absolution TC (To my dismay this appears to crash every time I start it.. *grumble*) So I'm back here.. either I play with the music and it's a laggy mess, or lose the ambiance for playability.

I honestly don't see what Kaiser has against music wads. What, the file size? The TC's wad is 54 megs. A 1 terabyte hard drive is $89.99.

This pretty much.

I think Kaiser is just nitpicking. If i am going too download a large TC like this in the first place, then i would not mind at all if i had too download a music wad as well if it meant higer quality music for me.

Diabolus said:

So what kind of tools am I goona need to start making maps for Doom64EX

Kaiser's apparently trying to make some sort of config for Doom Builder 2.

Don't quote me on this, though. I'm not entirely sure.

There was a special DB1 released for D64EX, but it isn't in the best shape ever and it isn't getting any more support. It lacks 3d mode, for example, but I work around by laying out my sectors in DB1 while loading the texture folder so I can visually see my offsets. Then I copy them into D64EXBuilder and set up triggers, objects, and lights.

I don't rememeber the thread offhand but search the Doom Editing forum for it.

InsanityBringer said:

There was a special DB1 released for D64EX, but it isn't in the best shape ever and it isn't getting any more support. It lacks 3d mode, for example, but I work around by laying out my sectors in DB1 while loading the texture folder so I can visually see my offsets. Then I copy them into D64EXBuilder and set up triggers, objects, and lights.

I don't rememeber the thread offhand but search the Doom Editing forum for it.

I think i remember something about that thread. But i though Kaiser said he was working on some sort of a completely new editor that is only for Doom 64EX where you are inside the map while making it all at the same time. Am i wrong? Because i hope i am.

I really don't like the idea of having to create maps outside of Doom builder 1 and 2.

_Sun_ said:

Is there a way to use hi-res textures in Doom64 EX? And if it's possible, then how?
In the Absolution it's looking like this:

http://d64rt.xoo.hu/u/img/before-after.png

I think it may look better in Doom64 EX.

I think I may need to tweak the code a bit to allow non-16 color textures. But basically the textures needs to be in the PNG format.

If possible, can you send me a link to the hi res textures?

Kaiser said:

I think I may need to tweak the code a bit to allow non-16 color textures. But basically the textures needs to be in the PNG format.

The retexturing is work in progress at the present time, but on next weekend i will make and upload a test package to you.

Kaiser, I just found two bugs related to custom levels.

1. If you die in a custom level and hit use to restart, you'll respawn in Doom 64's MAP01 instead of the custom level.

2. Loading a save made in a custom level gives the following error:

ERROR - P_INI TMOBJTABLE: UNKNOWN TCLASS 128 IN SAVEGAME

Its a bug, but you'll need to load the custom map in the custom level menu, and once the level starts THEN load the savegame.

I had the level loaded when the crash occurred, sorry for not specifying. I always get that error loading custom level saves, both normal and quicksaves.

Kaiser said:

_Sun_ said:

The retexturing is work in progress at the present time, but on next weekend i will make and upload a test package to you.

I uploaded the testpack, and sent a pm to you.

Reaper978 said:

Can someone let me know what the difference is between Doom64.exe and Doom64C.exe?

Doom64C.exe?

Maybe it isn't doom64c.exe (I can't tell with windows not showing the file extension) but there are two doom64 executables in your v1.1c build, doom64 and doom64c.

i am probably posting this a little late, and this is a probably an irrelevant question anyway. but where did you guys download the Doom 64 rom from cause im having trouble with the WadGen and the roms i had.

Asking about that will get you in trouble here. The distrubution (of commerical products), the asking about the distrubution, and the asking for it is not allowed here.

DeathMerchant said:

dont be cruel when i ask this most likely over repeated question, but exactly how far along is multiplayer(co-op and/or dm)?

Yea, i want to know that as well:)

But another thing i want to know is how long will it be before we get controller support? I can connect my laptop to my TV so once controller support is ready i can play the game on my TV :)

hardcore_gamer said:

Yea, i want to know that as well:)

But another thing i want to know is how long will it be before we get controller support? I can connect my laptop to my TV so once controller support is ready i can play the game on my TV :)

controller support would be awesome, and make playing simpler. ive set my keyboard up to where it is super easy to use. but i also hope controller support becomes a feature.

also: what ia the deal w/ player 2,3 and 4 in the controls menu?

DeathMerchant said:

dont be cruel when i ask this most likely over repeated question, but exactly how far along is multiplayer(co-op and/or dm)?

It works, its just really, really, prone to breaking. Just don't jump, enable item respawn or use console cheats :P

DeathMerchant said:

controller support would be awesome, and make playing simpler. ive set my keyboard up to where it is super easy to use. but i also hope controller support becomes a feature.

also: what ia the deal w/ player 2,3 and 4 in the controls menu?

Leftover Doom3D stuff. It originally had splitscreen support and it became too much of a sore to continue supporting this in Doom64EX. That will be removed in the next release.

And yes I do plan on looking into controller support. During 1.1c I had made plans to support the xbox360 controller as well. Though I am not sure if this can be achieved unless SDL and DirectX 10 can play well with each other like good kids.

Kaiser said:

It works, its just really, really, prone to breaking. Just don't jump, enable item respawn or use console cheats :P

Leftover Doom3D stuff. It originally had splitscreen support and it became too much of a sore to continue supporting this in Doom64EX. That will be removed in the next release.

And yes I do plan on looking into controller support. During 1.1c I had made plans to support the xbox360 controller as well. Though I am not sure if this can be achieved unless SDL and DirectX 10 can play well with each other like good kids.

DirectX 10? As far as I know the 360 controller makes use of an API called Xinput, which functions on Windows XP (which as far as I know doesn't support DX10).

Doesn't ZDoom have both SDL and Direct X? (For Linux and Windows, respectfully.)

I'd love to see the 360 controller supported, especially if it's through Xinput (Rumble!)

Kaiser said:

does this mean your getting rid of splitscreen coop?

DeathMerchant said:

does this mean your getting rid of splitscreen coop?

Unless everybody uses a TV screen as a monitor and has 2 controllers i doubt many people would have taken advantage of it though.