Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

VAPORWARE: Eternity map pack announcement!

Greetings! Vaporware is an ambitious map pack currently in development for the Eternity Engine by a team of well-known and experienced Doom community members.

Our project development team currently includes 5hfifty, Agent Spork, Esselfortium, Julian Hope, Quasar, SoM, Tango, and Vader, and some unnamed others may become involved later on as well.

In addition to a set of beautiful new maps in a variety of themes and styles, Vaporware also features new monsters, lots of custom resources, and a new ogg-format soundtrack, including music by Julian Hope of RTC-3057 fame.

Vaporware makes use of a number of Eternity Engine sourceport features that have yet to be seen in any completed Doom projects, including linked portals, allowing for complex true 3D constructs and layouts to be designed.

For more information (and bigger screenshots!), check out the Vaporware project site!

This looks fantastic! Any chance we'll see a custom weapon or two to go with the monsters, such as an autoshotgun to replace the super shotgun or a railgun? :p

:)

There has been a bit of discussion of adding a weapon or two once Eternity's inventory system is complete, but we haven't reached any decisions yet.

Snarboo said:

This looks fantastic! Any chance we'll see a custom weapon or two to go with the monsters, such as an autoshotgun to replace the super shotgun or a railgun? :p

You'll see none of that. It's vaporware, duhhh.

Tango said:

i'll finish my map by 2012, bye

ALWAYS BET ON TANGO

Either way, this is looking to be a great map pack. I'll have to give Eternity a spin here soon.

I've never used eternity. I just might have to change that, having seen this.

Sweet! 1948 needs to hurry up and get here so I can play this. :D

When was the project started?
EDIT: sorry for daring to ask this, but... are sign-ups open?

Capellan said:

Best project name ever.

Yeah, fitting right into the theme of other Eternity projects that all seem to take an eternity to be released... :D

ZOMG STOP SLACKING ESSEL FINISH KDIKDIZD!!!!

Graf Zahl said:

Yeah, fitting right into the theme of other Eternity projects that all seem to take an eternity to be released... :D

That was the joke, yes. :P

The earliest work on the project started around last April. Originally I was just calling it "Eternity Vaporware Project #77b" because I didn't have any better ideas, but I liked the name Vaporware; it's short and catchy and just tongue-in-cheek enough.

esselfortium said:

The earliest work on the project started around last April.

You mean April 2009 or 2008? If it's 2009, then I think I'm wrong, because I heard about Vaporware longer ago, and I'm not sure it would have taken so little time to create those screenshots. But I hope it's 2009...

Wow, this looks ridiculously awesome! I can't wait for this to be released... maybe this will be my retirement present :-)

My name isn't listed. Feelings hurt.

Edit: Oh I see what you did there, you listed people who've actually contributed in some way!

I'm not sure whether it will take longer than KDiZD.

Do the current maps (and general mod) have SMALL scripting, or was it discarded in fear of its upcoming deprecation?

Use3D said:

My name isn't listed. Feelings hurt.

Edit: Oh I see what you did there, you listed people who've actually contributed in some way!

What are you talking about? Of course you're in the credits, silly!

Just stating the obvious, but this is looking quite impressive. :P

Every time I see a screenshot of something by Agent Spork, I am reminded that no matter how hard I try, I'll never ever ever be that good.

This looks totally rad, hope at least some completed maps end up coming out of it. I had no idea Eternity could do so much, I just consider it the best Boom-compat way to get r_swirl working under Linux.

Subscribed to RSS feed.

Super Jamie said:

Every time I see a screenshot of something by Agent Spork, I am reminded that no matter how hard I try, I'll never ever ever be that good.

yeah right dude, spork blows at mapping