Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheArchnemesis

Doom Interactive Animated Gifs

I'm posting this here because I think you guys may appreciate it. I'm not sure if this has been done before yet, but I editted some animated gifs of the monsters in Doom so that you can kill them over and over again (similar to the DOOM 2 ending). So you can double click them to kill them and single click to restore them.
http://thearchnemesis.com/DoomMonsters.html

Here you can get all the baddies in a row.
http://thearchnemesis.com/doombaddies.html

So far it seems like a good stress reliever, just sit there and kill those baddies over and over! Hopefully a couple of you can get a bit of amusement over it =)

This isn't much of an entertainment, but would definitely be a cool visual aid in something like the Doom wiki.

Not sure if this is allowed on here, but here goes nothing...

CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP!

It doesn't die on here, though.

Not to be rude, but this looks like something we'd do back in '98 when we were still excited by the novelty of websites.

In any case, in DOOM, pixels are drawn taller than in usual screen resolutions (this is how 320x200, which bears a ratio of "16/10" as far as pixels are concerned, manages to fit a physical ratio of 4/3). You need to adjust the images somewhat, making them 20% taller or so, for them to look more or less like they do in the game. Otherwise your GIFs are pixel-accurate but squat in regard to visual proportions.

Giving the images a somewhat higher scale can help reduce the distortion caused by the stretching. This is why resolutions like 320x240 look pretty bad in source ports, but higher ones like 1024x768 look pretty good.

<--- My avatar has been treated as explained above (although I also rounded the edges a bit).

Good that rotations by the display plane don't really happen in software Doom, otherwise rectangle pixels would have made objects look distorted.