Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David_Dweedle

Anyone know some really Scary in your face give you nightmares type Wads?

I wanna play a wad with a good fear factor in it.. somethin to always keep you on your toes ya know? anyone know of any? if its source port level I'd prefer Zdoom or Gzdoom but Im open to all options.

Insane_Gazebo said:

Circus666

This.

Aside from that and Ghoul's Forest, that's all I can think of. Oniria is pretty weird and freaky, though not in a scary nightmare-y kind of way. Worth checking out, though.

Xaser said:

This.

Aside from that and Ghoul's Forest, that's all I can think of. Oniria is pretty weird and freaky, though not in a scary nightmare-y kind of way. Worth checking out, though.

I'd never tried either of those before. Oniria was quite cool. (The spiral piece stood out. I've tried making a spiral before and giving up, heh.)

Ghoul's Forest was fairly creepy. I tried out the third one, but I couldn't figure out exactly what I was supposed to do, before getting eaten by something. (I suspect instructions were in the readme.)

I just tried Circus666 and it's incredibly creepy, but I can't progress in it. I've been to the tent with the freaky circular mouth and the tent with the yellow skull door which I can't open and there's nothing else I can do. What did I miss?

Solarn said:

I just tried Circus666 and it's incredibly creepy, but I can't progress in it. I've been to the tent with the freaky circular mouth and the tent with the yellow skull door which I can't open and there's nothing else I can do. What did I miss?

I wish I could tell you, I got stuck in the same place :(

I wish Circus667 was up somewhere - that was a rather amazing wad to play.

The guards will open the door for you. Just don't kill them first!

You can wake them by punching the air or (better, as it makes no noise*) bumping into them through the window.

Oh yeah, and make sure you're loading the dehacked patch. It should be pretty obvious that something is fundamentcally wrong if you're not though.

* heh, that advice is probably only important if you are trying to finished the map in Pacifist Reality style, so maybe disregard it otherwise!

Tamashii said:

that arch-vile maze in plutonia

There are a few pwad levels that revisit that theme. One that springs to mind is Equinox map10.

Not as far as nightmarish, but ain't Doom 3 better at crippling in your face disgusting fights?

I know a guy who got nightmares from playing AliensTC in the middle of the night. This was back when it was new though.

Grazza said:

Asylum of the Wretched is surely the best attempt to create such a wad.

Yeah I was just about to search for that wad to post it here...surely one of the most atmospheric wads in existence. I could never figure out the gameplay but the fear factor is certainly there.

Play with the lights out for increased effect.

I have a project that I've started, but I can't reveal too many details about it. Basically, I think I've created the the scariest monster ever seen in Doom (I shit you not). I know every single thing about how it moves, attacks, et cetera, but it freaks me the fuck out every single time I playtest. It's not a screamer either!

Oh and by the way, it gave me nightmares too. :)

But, as far as released wads go, I'd have to say Ghoul's Forest 3 and Happytime Circus. The abandoned house in Action Doom 2 was pretty freaky as well.

EarthQuake said:

I have a project that I've started, but I can't reveal too many details about it. Basically, I think I've created the the scariest monster ever seen in Doom (I shit you not). I know every single thing about how it moves, attacks, et cetera, but it freaks me the fuck out every single time I playtest. It's not a screamer either!

Oh and by the way, it gave me nightmares too. :)

But, as far as released wads go, I'd have to say Ghoul's Forest 3 and Happytime Circus. The abandoned house in Action Doom 2 was pretty freaky as well.

A more Scary Monster than the Cyberdemon is an impressive feat.. Cant wait to see it.

WOS map16 is scary. But you'll have to find out yourself when it comes out.

kristus said:

I know a guy who got nightmares from playing AliensTC in the middle of the night. This was back when it was new though.

I still find that pretty damn scarey. And it usually takes quite a bit to scare me, but AliensTC nearly makes me shit myself each time i play it, despite knowing whats going to happen.