Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostpilot

The sourcecode to Blood and Duke3D

I mailed people at both Monolith and Infogrames, and asked them about the sourcecode for blood.
This is what they answered:

From a person at Monolith:
"Your best bet would be to contact Infogrames/GT Interactive.  They own the
Blood franchise and they would have the authority to release source code,
Monolith was the developer of the games, but we do not own it.
I hope this helps!"

From a person at infogrames:
"I do not believe that they will release this code......it is an old game and
it is off of most peoples radar."

I think the persons at infogrames really don´t know how many that would be happy if the source to blood was released. They´re not going to sell anymore copies in the softwareshops anyway, so why not release the source?

If you want this too, feel free to send them a small mail and tell them that you would like them to release the source.

I hope I don´t break any laws by posting the text thet mailed me (without their names in it).

Get into Petitions Online and start a "Blood Source Code" thread. Send news to several gaming sites like VE and the Shack, that should gather a pretty impressive amount of people.

Can someone actually give me a list or some numbers on the Petitions Online signature lists that have actually been SUCCESSFUL?

Can someone actually give me a list or some numbers on the Petitions Online signature lists that have actually been SUCCESSFUL?

They actually work in some way or another. When that unfounded rumour of Deus Ex 2 coming first to consoles appeared, people started signing a DX2 to PC petition. Shortly after that thing went online Warren Spector declared it was all BS.

They actually work in some way or another. When that unfounded rumour of Deus Ex 2 coming first to consoles appeared, people started signing a DX2 to PC petition. Shortly after that thing went online Warren Spector declared it was all BS.

They declared the petition was all BS?

If it was a "fact", then did the petition really change anything, or did it just force the company to make a public announcement?

If it was a "fact", then did the petition really change anything, or did it just force the company to make a public announcement?

Spector was surprised by the reaction (the petition) and made an announcement declaring they would never dare about ignoring their strongest supporters etc etc...

I think you´re right about that... :(

But they will not know that we (I) want them to release the source if I don´t tell them.

I think you´re right about that... :(

But they will not know that we (I) want them to release the source if I don´t tell them.

Get a petition signed by more than 5000 people, and your set ^_^

I'm pretty sure someone from PlanetBlood already tried this, but it's worth a shot. Afterall that reply you got was from some lazy PR guy. What's so hard about releasing the code anyway?

Paper letters do wonders, to the President or something. Get it published in a few PC magazines as well, and boom you're in the sourcecode!

I want the source code to Tetris. But I can't get it. It's one of Russia's most closely guarded secrets.

FREE HISSY! Although we more or less scared ling into giving it away :P

I want the source code to Tetris. But I can't get it. It's one of Russia's most closely guarded secrets.

That's because it's the basis for their nuclear weapons, so sshhh!!! :)

FREE HISSY! Although we more or less scared ling into giving it away :P

You cannot scare the mighty Linguica.

I think he didn't get scared, just infinitely annoyed in the long run...

Yeah, he probably wanted to shoot the next person to say FREE HISSY. In fact...I think he did...

Heh, I remember everybody saying like "FREE HISSY YOU DAMN HISSY HOGGER" everytime they saw him.

I want the source code for Britney Spears released!

wtf

I want the source code for Britney Spears released!

Your moms source was released last night.

On the bright side BBG that was the wittiest thing you've ever said. From any other angle it's still just about the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read on this forum. Shit.