Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trooper077

Looking for doom weapon mods

While old, this page might help.

I'll also give shout-outs to Zero Tolerance, Shooting Monsters With Guns, Xaser's Psychic, and GZDoom Advanced (the latter two of which you can find on the ZDoom forums for now).

WildWeasel said:

While old, this page might help.

I'll also give shout-outs to Zero Tolerance, Shooting Monsters With Guns, Xaser's Psychic, and GZDoom Advanced (the latter two of which you can find on the ZDoom forums for now).

i've played all of these I liked most of them im trying to look for ones that are good but don't have that much reputaition

trooper077 said:

i've played all of these I liked most of them im trying to look for ones that are good but don't have that much reputaition

I pay a lot of attention to the weapon mods that get released, but quite frankly, I don't see a lot of them that I personally could recommend. Beautiful Doom might be worth a look, I suppose, and perhaps you could take a trip down memory lane with some of Don Tello/Cory Whittle's old DEH-based mods, but outside of that I don't see any mods lately that would be worth the download.

Except...well, if you don't mind EDGE, go get Divine Intervention 2.

beutiful doom was good i liked it and i might download edge again it had two or three weapon mods that i really enjoyed playing

I know a really good one, but I'm not sure you'll like it as it has blood enhancements in it.

Nixot said:

I know a really good one, but I'm not sure you'll like it as it has blood enhancements in it.

go for it please

I'm interested to know if anyone has ever created an Unreal Tournament weapons wad. I think most of those weapons would fit in quite well to Doom.

You could always check out my mod if you want something that's unique and isn't all about hyper-detailed graphics. It's supposed to be a cartoony mod but I concentrated more on the animations rather than the details. Most of the enemies have been replaced as well.

trooper077 said:

What about a stealth weapon based doom mod?

I've made numerous attempts (notably, Operation Mjolnir and the Diaz remake) to make a more stealth-oriented Doom mod, but the thing is, Doom just isn't built to be a fully-functional stealth game. Monsters' field of vision is drastically simplified, their AI basically amounts to "move, shoot, move", and the best one can get to a weapon that won't cause disturbances is a weapon that won't alert anything, ever, at all (as opposed to a weapon that alerts everything as long as it's in the same room and isn't behind a closed door).

So unless someone were to dive into Doom's source code and drastically overhaul the messy AI code, that's as good as you're going to get.