Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

It's good to see that UAC is finally putting some thought into workplace safety. Now, the gaping, random holes in the floor are marked with caution tape.

That looks pretty cool! But I'm strange and don't really like the theme, but that's just me. I prefer maps with bright colours and themes.

Looks interesting to me. I like experimental looks.

I like the use of the cage texture for the railing!

Erik said:

Gotta align those warnings.. *sigh*

Why dont you just use a different flat instead? I forget what exactly the flat is named, but that black carpet looking flat (the one normally used with COMPSPAN rooms in knee deep in the dead) would look fine there. Warning stripe flats only tend to look good on borders that are exact 90 degree angles.

I remember hearing from someone that warning stripes are slanted because slanted lines create a very (very, very) mild feeling of agitation, to make you more alert. that 45 degree angle makes the warning stripes straight. if it were just black there it would look find.

Creaphis said:

It's good to see that UAC is finally putting some thought into workplace safety. Now, the gaping, random holes in the floor are marked with caution tape.

Caution Tape Bonanza

JohnnyRancid said:

Why dont you just use a different flat instead? I forget what exactly the flat is named, but that black carpet looking flat (the one normally used with COMPSPAN rooms in knee deep in the dead) would look fine there. Warning stripe flats only tend to look good on borders that are exact 90 degree angles.

Great idea. It's ceil5_1

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8837/things5.png

I thought this was an interesting pic. I was deleting the entire map in order to save the two areas in the top right as a .wad in my scraps folder. And I thought the pattern of things looked kinda neat, so I took a screenie before I deleted those also.

All the teleporting monster rooms are on the far left. Green dots are teleport exits (lots of those.) The white dot on the right is the DB 3D start thing, and that is the bit that I am working on at the moment. It is a pretty big map.

Course, all this is of no interest to anyone but me probably, but I thought the pic looked kinda neat.

@Dreadopp. That looks really interesting.

@ArmouredBlood. Anything that involves a mountain and a hidden fortress base = win. I liked the dark area in screenies 2 and 3.

Reaper978 said:

Where is that awesome sky texture from?

JDTP's sky replacement for Episode 2. It doesnt suit B2B at the beginning though, in my view

I wasn't going to post about this until it was done, but oh well. Working on a fun little wad with a set of all-new loosely Quake2/Darken2-inspired textures that I've been creating over the course of the past couple weeks.

Doom Marine said:

non-90 degree corners.

Whyd you put giant turds in your map?

esselfortium said:

Working on a fun little wad with a set of all-new loosely Quake2/Darken2-inspired textures that I've been creating over the course of the past couple weeks.

Nice actually. I normally dislike full texture change maps, but these work really well. Have you seen that map that is done entirely in Q2 textures?

Gotta admit tho, angled door textures are a pet peeve of mine :P

JohnnyRancid said:

I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't come up with an eloquent way of saying it.

@Doom marine: While your efforts are appreciated, put more effort into getting rid of that green map. Or Else....

JohnnyRancid said:

Two reasons: A) It's what happens after all those cyberdemons have lunch, and B.

Looking good, AB. I particularly like the outdoor overhang in the second pic.

And you can never have too many screens :)

ArmouredBlood said:

Heheh thanks. Got a lot more of the map done but it's more gameplay than eye candy. Got a nice tram car though. Guess where you get to go ;D

If computer gaming has taught me nothing else, it has taught me that getting on a tram car ever, for any reason, is a BAD IDEA.