Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pirx

Mountain Lion No Match for Chain Saw

seems this hasn't been posted yet... and when one man fights a beast using a CHAINSAW, it just has to be posted:

http://news.aol.com/article/chain-saw-scares-mountain-lion/576008

BILLINGS, Mont. (July 17) - A Colorado man used a chain saw to fight off a mountain lion that attacked him during a camping trip with his wife and two toddlers in northwestern Wyoming.
The adult male lion, described as emaciated and showing other signs of starvation, was later killed by wildlife officials after it attacked a dog brought in to track it.
Dustin Britton, a 32-year-old mechanic and Marine veteran from Windsor, Colo., said he was alone cutting firewood about 100 feet from his campsite in the Shoshone National Forest when he saw the 100-pound lion staring at him from some bushes.
The 6-foot, 170-pound Britton said he raised his 18-inch chain saw and met the lion head-on as it pounced — a collision he described as feeling like a grown man running directly into him.
"It batted me three or four times with its front paws, and as quick as I hit it with that saw, it just turned away," he said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.
Wildlife officials said Sunday evening's attack about 27 miles west of Cody was highly unusual because mountain lions are reclusive by nature. Only eight cases of mountain lions acting aggressively toward humans have been documented in Wyoming over the last decade.
Given the animal's low body weight — male lions in Wyoming typically weigh 140 to 150 pounds — it may have attacked Britton out of desperation, said Mark Bruscino, a Wyoming Fish and Game biologist who responded to the incident.
"Starvation is a strong motivator for any animal in chasing a meal," he said.
It was uncertain why it was starving. Britton's campsite, near the North Fork of the Shoshone River, was in an area heavily populated by the lion's typical prey — elk, deer and bighorn sheep.

idchoppers!

HOLY SHIT, I KNOW THIS GUY!!!!

EDIT:

This guy lives next to my ex-girlfriend's mom's house. In addition to this, I've been camping at the exact location that guy went .... WEEEIIRRRD

exp(x) said:

People bring chainsaws with them camping?

I was thinking that too. Whatever happened to bringing a hatchet along with you?

Anyway, I'm wondering why the cougar was starving so badly that it attacked a guy with a running chainsaw. They say it might have had a disease. That could explain it.

Technician said:
To fight the demons.

Indeed, any Marine veteran does that.

leileilol said:

Meat that ...doesn't suck. - GM

Actually the best pun I've heard all day. =P

Imagine if he had a berserk pack instead.... RIP AND TEAR!!!

Scuba Steve said:

$1 for the first person to make a wad with a campsite, a chainsaw and a mountain lion enemy.

It's a shame you said wad and not mod, otherwise I would have suggested simply downloading and installing this Oblivion mod and running around the western side of the map for a while :).

NiGHTMARE said:

It's a shame you said wad and not mod, otherwise I would have suggested simply downloading and installing this Oblivion mod and running around the western side of the map for a while :).

Now that is a good fantasy weapon. Swords shmords.

Butts said:

I'm bringing a chainsaw next time I go on a hike.

Is the mountain lion positioned in such a way that it's awakened on sight, or do you need to rev up the chainsaw/punch the air to attract its attention?

Definitely going to have to punch the air, I don't think revving the chainsaw would quite awaken it. After all, air-punching travels through the self-referencing sector with block sound lines that the chainsaw can't make it through to reach the lion's ears.