Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

When do YOU pick up a medikit?

Right, this is Doom-related, so nyah.

When going down from 100, what is the least damage you'll take before getting a medikit (25%)?

75% and down. Never waste one single health point unless I'm exiting a level. For some odd reason I don't do this on Heretic/Hexen.

I was expecting choices like 75-100, 50-75, 25-50, and 1-25. The way you have it done makes it way too easy to decide. I mean, if you pick up a medikit and you're over 75 health, you are AN RETARDED!

I usually pick them up already at ~80%, because I hate running around with less than 100%.

I mean, if you pick up a medikit and you're over 75 health, you are AN RETARDED!

:P

Once I get my first Supercharge/Megasphere my health never drops below 100.

Once I get my first Supercharge/Megasphere my health never drops below 100.

I suggest you play on Ultra Violence then :)

I wanna try playing AV on Nightmare, or whatever the skill level name they gave for that.

I wanna try playing AV on Nightmare, or whatever the skill level name they gave for that.

#nightmare

and btw, no you don't...

And to answer this silly/decent poll: I usually pick up a medikit at 85% or less if there are no monsters in sight and I have to move on. If there are monsters nearby I always wait until 75%.

Doing AV NM on coop would be fun.

Depends on the difficulty of the level.
If the level is stock-full of medkits and the resistance nothing I can't handle, then I'll pick up medkits when I'm at the early 80'ies (late 80'ies in some cases).

But if the level is hard, like the ones filled with former humans and not enough protective cover, I do like zaldron: Don't waste a single percent point.

Better question: Why do you pick up a medkit? It's not like you ever lose health...am I right?

i've never given this any previous thought whatsoever. sometimes i pick them up around 75-80, other times i don't pick them up unless i absolutely have to.<-(trying to be hardcore.) then it's back track time.

Better question: Why do you pick up a medkit? It's not like you ever lose health...am I right?

Mr. Skill 0 strikes again.

You know what I really hate? Levels which are designed in a way so you can't come back and pick up health and ammo you left behind.

For example, just yesterday, in Plutonia MAP09, I entered the final confrontation with about 170% and armor, saving me a supercharge sphere to pick up just before I exit the level. The battle was bloody, and I ended up with <100% (which, like I said before, something that never happens), only to find out that the door is closed and cannot be reopened (or that I'm an idiot). So I ended the level with 100%/200% instead of 200%/200% like I usually do.

Depends. If it's one of the original Doom games I'll pick them up whenever I can, even if I'm at 95% or higher, because I don't need to 'save health points' to beat Doom 2 or Ultimate Doom. If it's a very tough megawad or addon, however, I might be more cautious with them.

You know what I really hate? Levels which are designed in a way so you can't come back and pick up health and ammo you left behind.

For example, just yesterday, in Plutonia MAP09, I entered the final confrontation with about 170% and armor, saving me a supercharge sphere to pick up just before I exit the level. The battle was bloody, and I ended up with <100% (which, like I said before, something that never happens), only to find out that the door is closed and cannot be reopened (or that I'm an idiot). So I ended the level with 100%/200% instead of 200%/200% like I usually do.

Heh, that's plutonia for you. POS. Yeah, I agree, that does suck, also instances where you can't physically avoid picking something up like a rad suit cos it blocks your path and you want to pick it up later. Teh ghey alright.