Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skrying

2 questions

1. how do you change a maps name...like if you were to pull up the auto map it would say mapxx:"map name"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^ that part

&

2. How do you make it so when you open DOOM II you can go to multiplayer and you can play your map?

1) DeHackEd for older ports, MAPINFO for newer ports

2) Use a multiplayer port: Skulltag, ZDaemon, Odamex

Go forth and research!

i was figuring as much for the first i just need to get it right
and ty for the second one...ummm if im making a map for zdoom can it be played in those ports?

The MAPINFO format is map MAP01 "Entryway". I've never done it in DeHackEd, but if you download some older megawads from /idgames they will have a DEH file you can look at. Or just run the editor program yourself.

Depends what ZDoom features you're using. Skulltag tries to keep up with ZDoom and GZDoom SVN, ZDaemon is based on ZDoom 1.23, and Odamex is based on csDoom which was based on ZDoom 1.22.

http://doom.wikia.com/
http://zdoom.org/wiki/

the only thing i have used that is not in the original doom2 is a blue particle fountain

and ty for the code

Skrying said:

the only thing i have used that is not in the original doom2 is a blue particle fountain

Is that really needed then, why not make it for limit removing instead and remove it?

its a for a fountain in a lobby

>_<

and i have no clue what any of what you said means

He means particle fountains have historically been overused and today are considered quite cheesy. Nobody really puts them in maps anymore.

It's quite easy to make a believable fountain or other decoration without particles. If that's the only ZDoom feature you have used, why not ditch the fountain and ZDoom format altogether, and make your map in simpler and more widely-supported Doom or Boom format?

idk if that all i used from zdoom...im just sure of that one thing

also if i change the format will it undo any linedef actions i have?

ZDoom maps are in Hexen format. Vanilla/Boom use quite a few different linedef numbers to Hexen, so you may have to depending on what you've already made.

Backup your WAD, hit F2 in Doom Builder and see what happens!

ok...i was just wondering cause i made a elevator and i dont want to have to redo that