Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skullbrigade

looking for high res Doom 2 texture

At the beginning of the last level in Doom 2 you can see a rotating teleporter with faces of tortured people on it. I have been looking for that texture all day and could not find it! I hope someone helps me here..

If i understand him correctly, he is looking for a hi res texture, not the one from the doom2.wad.

This one?

(from the jDoom hires texture pack)

Some of those faces look way too happy to be in Doom. I doubt the original texture was intended to be like this.

I even found the original a bit too goofy looking. They look like the 15 Stooges cramming together for a photograph. In a WAD I'm working on, I removed their eyes to make it moderately more haunting.

the original faces had a tormented expression, of pain or going insane. first time i played doom and saw this texture i stood for minutes in front of it watching the animation, and thought that those souls are begging to be released from pain. i searched for a switch to do so, then shot at them. pretty impressive for an animated texture. it remains one of my favorite doom graphics, great for surreal, nightmarish maps.