Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ninjalah

List of Ranks by number of Posts?

Anyone have a full list of ranks by how many posts you have? I don't see one here in the forum options or FAQ's... but i could be wrong.

When you reach 1 000 000 posts you acquire ownership of Doomworld and a sensual oil massage by yours truly. Throw in twenty bucks and I'll finish the rub to a climax.

Not that I'm into anything like that, I just didn't read the terms and agreement when I registered here.

I fail to see how post count really matters. Quality, not quantity.

+1 to my post count

Well yeah i mean I agree but i just was curious as to what are all the ranks you get based on how many times you post. Nobody has this information?

I think Ninjalah is talking about how many posts you have to get to move through the different titles. (registered just to make one post --> newbie --> green marine --> warming up --> forum regular --> forum staple etc etc)

Figure it out yourself. I was bored one day so I did just that.

Junior Member = 100 I think
Member = 250
Forum Regular = 666
Senior Member = 1000
Forum Staple = I forget, like 2000 or 2250
Forum Spammer = I think 3000
Forum Legend = something like 4000

Butts said:

Figure it out yourself. I was bored one day so I did just that.

Junior Member = 100 I think
Member = 250
Forum Regular = 666
Senior Member = 1000
Forum Staple = I forget, like 2000 or 2250
Forum Spammer = I think 3000
Forum Legend = something like 4000

Ah, would think there would be alot more. Well thanks anyways.

There are a couple more, like lurker, registered to make one post, newbie, warming up, green marine, and I think that is pretty much it. Don't know exact numbers for those though.

Look like they've changed a bit over the years-

Early 2002
-10000 - -1001 = BANNED
-1000 - -1 = On Probation
0 - 10 = Newbie
11 - 49 = Cool Newbie/Rookie (seems to be random)
50 - 99 = Fast Newbie
100 - 499 = Member
500 - 999 = Senior Member
1000 - 1999 = No Life
2000 - 4999 = Needs A Job
5000+ = sorry, can't tell. it's a secret. find out for yourself ;)

Later in 2002
Registered Lurker (Minimum Posts: 0)
Registered just to make one post (Minimum Posts: 1)
Newbie (Minimum Posts: 2)
Warming Up (Minimum Posts: 10)
Green Marine (Minimum Posts: 30)
Mini-Member (Minimum Posts: 50)
Member (Minimum Posts: 100)
Forum Regular (Minimum Posts: 500)
Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 1000)
Forum Staple (Minimum Posts: 2000)
Forum Spammer (Minimum Posts: 3000)
Forum Legend (Minimum Posts: 4000)
Why don't I have a custom title by now?! (Minimum Posts: 5000)

By mid 2005
0 - Registered Lurker
1 - Registered just to make one post
2 to 9 - Newbie
10 to 29 - Warming Up
30 to 49 - Green Marine
50 to 99 - Mini-Member
100 to 249 - Junior Member
250 to 499 - Member
500 to 999 - Forum Regular
1000 to 1999 - Senior Member
2000 to 2999 - Forum Staple
3000 to 3999 - Forum Spammer
4000 to 4999 - Forum Legend
5000 and over - Why don't I have a custom title by now?!
Loser - Banished to the Losers forum. You don't want this title.
Banned - Self-explanatory. You'll want this even less.

At some point the minimum post count for Forum Regular was raised to 666.

"Forum Staple" is awarded at 2000 posts, and "Why don't I have a custom title yet?!" is awarded at 5000. Plus, there are Loser and Banned, but none want them, I think...

That is, if a Custom Title doesn't override these "ranks".

Maes said:

That is, if a Custom Title doesn't override these "ranks".

There have been users with Loser titles who were posting (Danarchy and Ralphis come to mind). Hardcore_gamer used to be a loser for abusive necroposting or whatever, but he kept his "You have the right to call me one" avatar signature. Insertwackynamehere was being secretly banned, due to provoking the mods with a "goodbye" joke, but managed to be freed. Some guys at ZDoom forums, notably Wills, seem to call themselves "Banned" or "Permanently banned.". But I don't recall ZDoom having moderated custom titles.

Also, that laement guy. His title says BAND. He doesn't post here indeed. He went over 2000 posts still. I was worried. But he isn't really banned.

Some guys have their "search last post" removed. How far can you go with their censoring? I like to know why they were denied, so I don't repeat their mistakes (knowing history is good!) Or at least to be able to find something interesting off them.

Not to mention there is that one user -- probably from early years of /vb -- who is mandatorily kept in the ignore list. Even if I click "to show", it ain't working. That's why, by the way, no one is in my ignore list.

Part of the reason I joined here is because post count isn't shown in people's posts.

ninja edit: Oh and some game called Doom.

Krispavera said:

Part of the reason I joined here is because post count isn't shown in people's posts.

ninja edit: Oh and some game called Doom.

You haven't tried to highlight below your avatar yet?

Can a moderator force feed us with graphical avatar-like titles and threaten to ban us if we don't remove our own avatars, on the grounds that "it gets cluttered"?

I'd just like to once again point out that I came up with two of the default titles.

printz said:

Can a moderator force feed us with graphical avatar-like titles and threaten to ban us if we don't remove our own avatars, on the grounds that "it gets cluttered"?

There have been people who have been issued scrolling/flashing/bold red titles for doing stupid shit before, but I never heard of anyone being threatened with banning unless they remove their avatar.

There have been several occasions where people have been asked to/threatened in removing their avatars, though. Zarky's penisfish was one, darknations' Bush Nazi gif was another. Then way back in the day (back when you could only choose default avatars), there was some avatar that a lot of people purposefully started using in unison. This avatar then got changed to a flashing "I AM GAY" avatar, which only prompted more people to take it (for teh Lulz). There were so many people with that avatar that it was annoying people, and one of the mods threatened to ban everyone who was still using it. I think it eventually got removed.

Danarchy said:

Then way back in the day (back when you could only choose default avatars), there was some avatar that a lot of people purposefully started using in unison.

What did it look like? It wasn't pinkfish was it?

Heh, custom titles. It's always interesting on how some regulars on the forum got theirs.

hmmm, and custom titles can only be awarded by doing something memorable... is having near (maybe above by the time i post this) 12 posts a day good? :D [/Sarcasm]

Ninjalah said:

hmmm, and custom titles can only be awarded by doing something memorable... is having near (maybe above by the time i post this) 12 posts a day good? :D [/Sarcasm]

I never realised this, I thought it was awarded once you reached a certain post count or over ruled by mods if you did something memorable beforehand.

PhilibusMo said:

I never realised this, I thought it was awarded once you reached a certain post count or over ruled by mods if you did something memorable beforehand.

I don't think so, I thought that if the mods felt like making a joke of what you said/did or thought of a title that was clever or actually indicated you did something, a mod would give you that custom title.

Ninjalah said:

I don't think so, I thought that if the mods felt like making a joke of what you said/did or thought of a title that was clever or actually indicated you did something, a mod would give you that custom title.

Aww i want one :(. Gotta think of something hilarious and memorable to do, such as throw poo at the queen or eat a entire bee hive including bees. Then post the pictures...

PhilibusMo said:

Aww i want one :(. Gotta think of something hilarious and memorable to do, such as throw poo at the queen or eat a entire bee hive including bees. Then post the pictures...

I could always post a picture of my hair, I have an afro that's like 3 feet in diameter, and that's without picking it out. Too bad my camera doesn't work.

Ninjalah said:

I could always post a picture of my hair, I have an afro that's like 3 feet in diameter, and that's without picking it out. Too bad my camera doesn't work.

Hate to tell you this man, but that is one of the least memorable things I have ever heard, infact I've forgotten what you said already, something about a camera and bryl cream?

Be careful what you wish for. You might not like what you get.

Ninjalah said:

In 2005 (or something like that, I dunno) Lüt had a thread where he had a contest about doom map and you had to guess which map the screenshot was from. The winners would get a title they custom could choose. I think I still have 2 left to go. :P